The Governors and young people of Woodlands School are seeking to appoint a talented and enthusiastic headteacher to join this highly successful special school. We are looking for someone with a love of learning and children and with the ability to be creative and innovative. They must have the ability to lead, inspire and motivate our staff team, communicate effectively with all the school’s key stakeholders and have a natural empathy and understanding of the needs of our children.
Our pupils have a wide range of learning needs including severe, profound and complex learning difficulties. We are committed to creating a happy, caring school that provides a safe secure and supportive environment in which everyone feels valued, listened to and can thrive.
We invite applications from highly effective classroom practitioners with recent proven leadership and management experience in a special school. You must share our commitment to safeguarding children and providing a first class education for children and young people with special educational needs.
The successful candidate will play a significant role working with all our partners to realise our vision for a dynamic school community.
- be committed, enthusiastic, caring and friendly
- be an inspirational leader who will distribute leadership and organise the school to bring the best out of pupils and staff
- be dynamic, determined, approachable and have high personal expectations and a clear vision for the future of the school
- have high expectations of achievement, safety and behaviour
- know how best to serve pupils with a range of learning needs
- be knowledgeable about developments in special needs education
- be able to motivate and inspire our staff and our pupils and have evidence of your own high quality leadership and teaching
- have the ability to maintain excellent working relationships with pupils, parents, staff, governors and the wider community
- have a sense of humour
In return we can offer you:
- Friendly, happy children and young people
- A strong, dedicated and professional staff team
- A committed and supportive governing body
Headteacher: Mr Cole Andrew BA(Ed), Adv Cert Ed, NPQH
Telephone: 01253 316722
It is important that you complete all sections of the form and that you provide full information in each section. You are asked to tabulate your experience and additionally submit a letter setting out the main points of your application.
The application form must be fully completed and legible and be hand written in black ink. Your supporting statement can be completed in black ink or word processed. It should be no more than 2 sides of A4.
Please return completed application forms to Lynne Worden, Chair of Governors via the school email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidential References and Reports
Only written references and reports should be provided. Referees must be able to comment authoritatively on your personal and professional competence. They should also provide:
A positive recommendation from all referees, including current employer. For headship this should be the Chair of Governors
A supportive reference from the Local Authority, or where this is not available, an additional professional reference from your School Advisor.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and you are invited to contact Toni Fairholm, School Business Manager, on 01253 316722 to arrange.
Closing date for Applications: Friday 26th January 2018 at 12:00 noon
Short listing date: Monday 29th January 2018
Provisional Interview date: 22nd & 23rd February 2018