Turton & Edgworth C.E/Methodist Voluntary Controlled Primary School
Dates: Apply by 02/10/17, Job Start: 01/01/2018
Location: Blackburn and Darwen
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Leadership Pay Spine Group 2, ISR L13-19
Lead and inspire us to greater things
Turton and Edgworth Church of England Methodist Primary School is seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Headteacher to further develop our high achieving, fantastic school.
We wish to recruit a leader who is passionate about developing ‘the whole child’ to have key life skills and a love of learning through a broad and balanced curriculum; someone who can shape a new senior leadership structure and who empowers and leads staff to achieve their and the children’s full potential. Our leader will promote and develop our excellent partnerships.
Situated in the beautiful village of Edgworth in the West Pennine Moors, we are fortunate to have a highly committed staff team who inspire a curiosity and love of learning and you will find our children to be well mannered, happy and inquisitive. As a Church school, we hold strongly to our Christian founding principles and values.
What we are looking for:
• Proven experience of Senior Management at primary level, leading and delivering continuous improvement and school development
• A variety of experience of working in different schools
• Clarity of vision and direction and the ability to inspire and engage others
• Highest levels of professionalism and integrity and a deep commitment and enthusiasm to make a positive difference to children and their learning
• An individual who can motivate, challenge and empower teams and individuals to achieve high goals and continuous improvement
• Effective communicator who can build and maintain quality relationships with the pupils, families, churches and the wider community.
What we offer:
• Wonderful school culture and Christian ethos
• A committed and experienced teaching and support staff
• Responsive, well-behaved and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn and succeed
• Beautiful village location, easily accessible from Greater Manchester and East Lancashire
• Supportive parents/carers; skilled and committed governors
• Exceptional links with the community
• Induction and mentoring programme for the new headteacher.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school office (Diane Page) on 01204 852932.
Application packs are available by downloading the documents attached to this advert. Completed applications should be returned by hand or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 am Monday 2nd October 2017.
For further information about the school please visit the school website:
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.
Closing date: Monday 2nd October 2017 10am
Shortlisting date: Tuesday 3rd October 2017
Interview dates: Monday 16th October and Tuesday 17th October 2017