An Exciting and Unique Opportunity to be involved in shaping the future of Primary Education in Silsden
Expressions of interest in an Executive Headteacher arrangement are also welcome. (Fixed term for 1 year initially - Salary by negotiation).
The Governing Board of Silsden Primary school are seeking to appoint a forward-thinking, outward looking and inspirational leader to be either the Headteacher or Executive Headteacher for our school. Silsden Primary School formally opened its doors on 1st September 2017. The school came into being as the result of the merger of the existing Aire View Infant and Hothfield Junior schools in Silsden. The school currently operates across two sites but there is a new school build proposed for the future. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a school in circumstances which are unusual (the first Primary school to open in Silsden, an amalgamation of two schools to form one of the biggest primary schools in the Bradford district, across two operational sites and with a proposed new-build to oversee in the future).
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is an inspirational, motivational and visionary leader
- Has high aspirations for the pupils, staff and themselves
- Expects, and accepts, only the highest standards from pupils and work colleagues
- Is passionate about the children’s learning
- Can further develop the nurturing environment of our school
- Will continue with the successful progress of integrating the two schools
- Will place a high value on the role of the school in the local community and of the community in the school
- Is committed to the continuous professional development of staff
In return, we can offer you:
- A growing, good school (both schools were judged to be Good in their last inspections)
- Confident, inquisitive pupils who are keen to learn
- A real opportunity to shape and drive the future of primary education in Silsden
- A strong and committed Governing Board who are actively involved in school life
- A strong and supportive staff team who are excited about the future of their school
All applicants are strongly recommended to visit the school – please contact Sally-Anne Boyes (SBM) at the school, 01535 210666, to arrange a time to visit.
Interested candidates should apply online: to download job details and apply, please visit www.prospectsonline.co.uk
Closing date: 5pm, Thursday 28th June 2018
School visit days: Tuesday 12th June 2018 (pm) and Monday 18th June 2018 (am) If you are not able to attend on either of those dates we can accommodate other times Shortlisting: Monday 2nd July 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th July 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Proof of eligibility to live and work in the UK will be required
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post