Forward Together for Future Success
Donnington is a popular one form entry school in a multicultural and vibrant area of north west London. We have a diverse intake of fantastic children who love learning. We are looking for a new school leader who will nourish the children’s love of learning, independence, initiative and understanding of others.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and forward thinking Headteacher who will take overall responsibility for the leadership, care, education and success of Donnington Primary School.
The main priorities are to:
- Provide strategic vision and leadership and to continue to build on the successes of Donnington
- Ensure all children achieve their full potential in a happy and inclusive environment
- Inspire excitement and respect from all members of the school community
- Protect and safeguard all children and to be responsible for the health and safety of everyone on the school premises;
- Control costs, achieve good value for money maintain a healthy school budget
You will be supported by a strong leadership team and administrative staff. The Governors will continue to be a supportive and encouraging board that will work and develop with you, in partnership, to achieve your goals. We will provide support to assist you through your induction and on-going professional development.
To be able to effectively deliver on the priorities we are looking for an individual who is:
- a strategic thinker, with a proven ability to develop and implement your vision
- dedicated to children achieving the very best outcomes in their learning
- passionate about raising standards of teaching and learning with a proven track record of achievement
- a coach and mentor to staff and can communicate effectively with key stakeholders (children, staff, parents and governors)
- committed to our vibrant culture and diverse, inclusive ethos
Visits are welcomed on 19th / 20th September 2019. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office on 020 8451 0761 to arrange a visit.
Closing Date: 27 September 2019 (12:00 noon)
Assessment & Interview Date: 14 October 2019
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Applications are particularly welcome from people with disabilities and LGBT (lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender) applicants as they are under-represented across the council.
All organisations and individuals who work with children and young people, or are involved in providing services for them have a duty to safeguard and promote their welfare.
We are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Before you join Brent Council, you will need to provide your National Insurance (NI) number and undergo a Home Office Standard I.D. check.
All successful applicants will be required to apply for a ‘Enhanced, Child Barred’ DBS Disclosure.
Please note CVs will not be considered as part of your application for this position.