Mile Oak is a lively community primary school, based on the edge of Brighton and Hove City, next to the South Downs National Park.
Our vision is for every child and adult to realise their full potential while striving for personal excellence. We have started a programme of transformational development under our interim Executive Head and we are now looking for an outstanding Headteacher who can lead Mile Oak Primary to a successful future.
Mile Oak Primary is a larger than average school which currently has 514 pupils. Our staff team, governors and parents are all committed to building on the achievements of Mile Oak Primary while addressing areas for challenge and improvement.
Mile Oak is an inclusive school and we want children to enjoy their learning, as well as achieving their best. The school has a wide range of enrichment activities, making the most of our attractive setting on the edge of the South Downs National Park.
Our new Headteacher will:
- Be an effective and experienced senior leader with excellent management and organisational skills.
- Be able to lead transformational change, working at pace alongside governors and staff.
- Have sound knowledge of education best practice, and be able to challenge and support to ensure high quality teaching and learning.
- Monitor progress and performance to ensure every child and every member of staff achieves their best.
- Be innovative, working in partnership with our community, with neighbouring schools as part of Sussex Coast Teaching School Alliance, and with the Local Authority.
- Be committed to equality and able to tackle barriers to learning and well-being.
- Have a holistic focus on childrens well-being to ensure a safe and inspirational learning environment.
Our Website and Facebook pages provide a good flavour of our school, and we strongly encourage visits during the weeks beginning 5 February and 19 February. These can be arranged by contacting our Business Manager Lynne Szkolar at
email@example.com Tel: 01273 294881
For an informal conversation please contact our lead governor: Rosalind Turner on firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing day for applications is noon, 26 February.