Balfour Primary School is a large multi-form entry school in the centre of Brighton.
Since being judged as a school requiring Improvement in November 2017, leaders have brought about significant improvement. The school has always been held in the highest regard in the community and it is vital that this view is sustained and re- strengthened during what has been, and is, a challenging period.
In addition, whilst amalgamation of the infant and junior schools took place 6 years ago, there is still much to be done to bring the two key stages together.
The Full Governing Body is seeking to appoint an experienced, outstanding leader and strategic thinker who has:
- A deep knowledge and understanding of current developments in teaching and learning to sustain and develop student progress and raise attainment
- A proven commitment to Quality First Teaching and providing a diverse and challenging curriculum for all children
- The ability to motivate, challenge and engage collaboratively with the school stakeholders to ensure the highest levels of achievement
- Skills to manage change effectively within a complex environment
- Presence to be an influential ambassador in the local and wider community
- Ability to translate our vision in to positive outcomes
Visits to the school during the week commencing Monday 5th November 2018 are warmly welcome. Visits can be arranged by calling the School Business Manager on 01273507722 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 12th November 2018 at mid-day.
Interviews: 29th and 30th November 2018.
Completed applications forms should be sent by email to the School Business Manager, Lisa Collington: email@example.com
At Balfour Primary School we are committed to safer recruitment practices and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. We require all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Brighton and Hove City Council is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sectors of the community.