Are you a strategic, visionary and experienced leader who can build on our strength and drive us forward to become Outstanding?
We are rated "Good" by Ofsted, June 2016, have a P8 of +0.23, and have set a budget without using reserves. Our current headteacher has built a successful and oversubscribed school and a strong and respected personal reputation, leaving our school in a very good place.
This is an exciting opportunity for the next successful headteacher of Sir John Thursby.
- Have a vision for our school and an ability to inspire others
- Have a proven track record of leading & delivering school improvement
- Have a pastoral ethos which puts the student at the centre of all we do and a passion for improving the life chances of all our students
- Have the strategic ability to develop and nurture a highly effective leadership team
- Have a firm commitment to the well-being and professional development of all staff
- Be approachable, inspiring trust and confidence across the school and diverse community, whilst leading by example
We are a comprehensive 11-16 school rated Good by Ofsted (2016). We are proud that they recognised ‘The personal development of pupils is a strength of the school, promoted within and beyond a broad and inclusive curriculum’ and ‘Parents are overwhelmingly positive about the way the school is led and would recommend the school to other parents’.
The successful candidate will fully embrace our ethos of ‘Pride Respect Success’ whilst bringing fresh ideas and vision that will build on current strengths and achievements. Our state of the art building ensures that our students and staff have the best learning environment in which to achieve our aims.
For more information see the covering letters from the Chair of Governors, Student Cabinet and current Headteacher, the job description and additional information attached.
More information about the school can be obtained from our website: www.sirjohnthursby.lancs.sch.uk
Please submit your application form and personal statement (maximum 4 sides A4) by 9am Tuesday 29th August 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview dates: Thursday 21st & Friday 22nd September 2017
Pre-application visits by arrangement: please contact Mrs Hayhurst on 01282 682313.
For an application pack please
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.