The children, governors and staff at St Hilda’s CE VA Primary School are seeking to appoint a dynamic, inspirational, spiritual, creative and caring Headteacher who possesses the vision and skills to lead a successful, multicultural and welcoming school set in the midst of an urban setting on the edge of Heaton Park.
Though the school is firmly embedded in the Church of England and its teaching, we welcome children from a number of backgrounds, faiths and none, who enjoy the experience of a faith school.
This is an exciting opportunity for an aspirational leader to work in a school with a very able and committed staff and further develop it and its children.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is passionate about teaching and learning and able to instil and nurture this in all children and staff
- Is an excellent leader who creates an environment in which all children strive to achieve their best and flourish emotionally, spiritually, academically and socially
- Will use their innovative and enthusiastic leadership qualities to support the strong teamwork of the school and ensure our dedicated staff continue to thrive, grow and develop
- Has the vision, energy and enthusiasm to grow the school in the community
- Is approachable and able to build strong working relationships through excellent communication skills
- Is an outstanding teacher
- Will work in close partnership with schools in our Local authority Cluster, the Beacon Alliance
- Is fully committed to promoting and embracing the Christian ethos of the school (SIAMS rated Outstanding in 2016)
- Is excited by this opportunity
The opportunity to lead a Good school (Ofsted report 2017) with a great team of dedicated and professional staff
A school that is focussed on its children that has a family-feel with enthusiastic, happy and confident children, with Outstanding Behaviour, who enjoy a safe and secure environment
A creative, nurturing environment that supports and enhances our Christian and inclusive ethos
A firm commitment to your professional development and wellbeing
A welcoming, experienced, supportive and hardworking Governing Body
As a Church School, prospective candidates should either be a practicing member of the Church of England or another Christian community, or be able to demonstrate a sympathetic appreciation of the values held by the Church of England and understand how to develop the distinctiveness and effectiveness of a Church of England school.
The school warmly welcomes and encourages prospective applicants to visit the school. To arrange a visit in term time, please telephone the school on 0161 798 6227 or email email@example.com
For further information please view the school website: www.hildas-ce.co.uk
The Governing Body and the Diocese of Manchester, are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information, click on the documents attached:
An application form is available here and is returnable to school via post to Reverend Canon Paul Denby, Chair of Governors, c/o St Hilda’s CE (VA) Primary School, Whittaker Lane, Prestwich, M25 1HA (envelopes to be marked ‘Application Form’) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (marked ‘Application form – for the attention of Reverend Canon Paul Denby’)
Closing date by noon on Monday 30th October 2017.
Interviews will be held on 9th and 10th November 2017.
St Hilda’s CE (VA) Primary School