The Governors of St Mary’s C of E Primary School are looking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and approachable Headteacher to develop the school’s ‘good’ status and lead the school in its pursuit of excellence.
St Mary’s is a two-form entry primary school, with an onsite nursery. We currently have 447 children, aged from 3-11 on roll. The school is in Byfleet village and, as a community school, we work hard to build links within the locale, including the church, charities, children’s centre and other schools.
Our mission statement is ‘learning for life’ and this is central to all that we do at St Mary’s. There is a strong sense of community within the school and we believe that happy children achieve best. We have fantastic facilities and our staff are well motivated and hard working.
We are looking for an individual who:-
• Is an inspiring leader who has a clear vision to develop our school.
• Has high expectations and enthusiasm for the education of young children.
• Has excellent management, communication and teaching skills.
• Will lead and motivate pupils and staff by example.
• Can actively participate in and develop further our local schools partnerships.
In exchange we can offer you:-
• A dedicated team of staff and governors.
• Friendly and enthusiastic pupils.
• A commitment to your career development.
• Great facilities and outdoor spaces.
• A strong partnership with stakeholders; parents, governors and the wider community.
• A staff laptop/mobile telephone.
• Onsite parking.
• Employee Wellbeing and Assistance Scheme.
Applicants will be advised, within 1 working day after the shortlisting date, whether they have been selected for an interview.
Full details will be provided to all candidates called to interview, but the selection process will take place over one/two school days and is likely to include some or all of the following activities:-
• A formal interview.
• Leading an assembly.
• Conducting a teaching observation and delivering feedback to teaching staff.
• A short presentation on a topic provided in advance of the interview.
• An In-tray exercise.
• Meeting the pupil’s School Council.
Visits to the school pre-application are warmly welcomed and tour dates are available as follows:-
Tuesday 13th March 2018 @ 09:00
Thursday 15th March 2018 @ 10:00
Thursday 15th March 2018 @ 14:00
Wednesday 21st March 2018 @ 13:30
Thursday 22nd March 2018 @ 10:00
Thursday 22nd March 2018 @ 14:00
Tuesday 27th March 2018 @ 09:00
Tuesday 27th March 2018 @ 14:00
Wednesday 28th March 2018 @ 09:00
Please contact Sarah O’Rourke to book a tour. Please see the school website for contact information. Should the above dates not be suitable please contact Sarah to make an alternative arrangement.
Closing date for applications: Monday 16th April 2018 @ 9.00am
Shortlisting: Monday 16th April 2018 @ 4.00pm
Interviews: Tuesday 24th and Wednesday 25th April 2018