We are seeking to appoint, from September 2018, an inspiring teacher with proven leadership experience to lead our school in its next phase of development and continue to raise standards.
We are a small village primary school (NOR 87) in the heart of our community which prides itself on the supportive, friendly atmosphere in which pupils are encouraged to realise their potential and maximise attainment. The ethos and values of our C of E status help to shape the life of the school.
The village of Folksworth is located in northern Cambridgeshire, close to the city of Peterborough and within a mile of the A1(M).
The successful applicant will have a 20% teaching commitment and will be able to:
- Further develop the quality of teaching and learning across the school.
- Forge closer links with the communities served by the school.
- Shape, with governors, the strategic direction of the school.
The salary will be in the range 10-16 on the Leadership Group pay scale.
The post is likely to be attractive as a first headship although we also welcome applications from existing heads. Consideration will be given to applications from those who currently hold a senior leadership post as well as Deputy Heads and Assistant Heads.
If successful, we can offer you:
- a caring, welcoming school with friendly children who enjoy learning in a safe and happy environment
- a rewarding working environment with extremely dedicated teachers and support staff.
- well resourced classrooms, including access to ICT.
- the opportunity to develop your strategic leadership potential.
- the opportunity to further develop collaborative work with other schools.
- a support package for newly appointed Headteachers provided by Cambridgeshire LA.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wednesday 18th April - Closing date for applications at 9am.
Wednesday 18th April - Shortlisting
Thursday 26th and Friday 27th April - Interviews