Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher, the governors and Samuel Ward Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and inspirational leader.
Ditton Lodge Primary School offers education for children aged 4 - 11 and is situated in the south west of the town of Newmarket. Ditton Lodge is a seven class, one form entry primary school with 210 children onroll, and each child is at the centre of everything we do.
By creating positive relationships and offering a rich, varied curriculum with teaching of a consistent high-quality, we ensure that our children develop into self-confident, tolerant, responsible, enthusiastic and capable life-long learners.
We are looking to appoint a Headteacher that shares our ethos and child-centred approach. The role offers an opportunity to take a school rated as 'Good' on its journey to 'Outstanding'. With the strong support and many opportunities offered by a well-regarded trust, the school has a bright future under the right leadership.
Within the trust there are 15 primaries as well as 6 secondary schools and a special school, all linked closely geographically and with common core values and aims. Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how our schools work together. With newly acquired Research School status, the trust is well placed to provide great opportunities for you to develop Ditton Lodge as a leading school and to develop as an outstanding leader.
- have recent successful experience at Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher level
- put the safety, wellbeing and development of every child at the core of every decision taken
- be able to inspire and lead by example with enthusiasm and creativity
- be highly aspirational, forward-thinking and an outstanding communicator
- be able to evidence sustained school improvement and be committed to raising standards
- be a highly effective practitioner in your own right
- be confident and effective in leading on the use of monitoring and assessment data to drive further improvement in pupil outcomes
- be committed to empowering and challenging children and staff to fulfil their potential, including through the provision of high-quality professional development.
We can offer you:
- engaged, creative and welcoming learners who take pride in their school
- an inclusive and collaborative approach
- a talented, highly-motivated, committed and friendly team of colleagues, passionate about improving outcomes for our pupils
- an engaged and supportive governing body and trust
- partnerships with local schools to enhance and develop further the learning opportunities for all children within the locality.
*with potential enhancement.
Visits are highly encouraged.
If you would like to arrange a visit to see the school, please contact Sheena Datson, School Business Manager on (01638) 613001, email: email@example.com
If you would like further information about the trust and a conversation in confidence, please contact Darren Woodward, Director of Primary Education on (01440) 333400 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms are available from Lisa Taylor via email: email@example.com
Closing date: midday, 14 May 2018.
Interview date: w/c 21 May 2018.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.