A rare opportunity to build your skills as a senior leader by becoming our Head of School
The governors of Isle of Ely Primary School wish to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic, motivated and organised Head of School who will work in partnership with the Executive Head teacher to contribute to the further development of the school and work with us in achieving our aim to provide an outstanding education for all our children.
We are looking for someone who:
- is committed to working in partnership with the staff, governors, parents andthe wider community
- is ready to grow into a leadership role with a balance of autonomy and the support of an Executive Head teacher
- is an excellent classroom practitioner
- has high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
- will be a whole school leader for teaching and learning
- will motivate, inspire, lead and support colleagues with new whole school initiatives and who can demonstrate a track record of raising achievement
- has vision, enthusiasm and determination
- has the ability to develop colleagues through appraisal and continued Professional Development opportunities.
We are a new primary school located to the north of Ely in a new state of the art building. Isle of Ely Primary School opened in September 2014 as an Active Learning Trust Academy, with two reception classes, we currently have a roll of 280. The school is growing year on year until we reach full capacity.
Then we will have potentially 21 classes and 630 children. Isle of Ely Primary School is a fun, caring and stimulating learning environment and our children are enthusiastic and lively. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to continue their career in an exciting new role.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged. Please contact the Executive Head teacher of the school, Mrs Bryony Surtees - firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> for further details and an application pack.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS check.
The Active Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications which represent the diversity of the communities we serve.
Closing date: Wednesday 28th November @ Noon
Interview date: Thursday 6th December