The Cavendish SchoolCambridgeshire
Salary: GBP £70,000 per year (Negotiable inital salary IRO)
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: Easter 2021
The Cavendish School
Negotiable initial salary in the region of £70,000
Are you a strong and inspirational leader with a proven track record of success, looking to transform the lives of children and young people with autism? The Cavendish School (TCS) will open in September 2021 as part of Eastern Learning Alliance. We are a trust with an excellent track record in inclusion and special needs that has as its core vision the drive to ‘build a better world through education’.
We are very excited to be providing new local provision for children with autism and we are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic leader to play the lead role in finalising plans for the school and for recruiting its first cohort of staff and children. With a 6-month lead-in to opening, you will be able to shape so much.
You will be:
• A highly successful senior leader who has had substantial impact within a school or setting where there is a significant population of SEND
• Eager to challenge yourself to deliver the excellent progress and development for our students
• Wanting the opportunity to play the leading part in the strategic plans of a brand new school
• A forward thinking, innovative practitioner, up to date with the latest evidence-based thinking and practice with relevant training in SEND and autism
• Looking for personal development and someone who is able to help and develop others in the school
We offer you:
• The opportunity to join a trust at an exciting stage of growth and development
• Autonomous decision making as a Headteacher
• Direct support of your work by the Deputy CEO and the Chair of the LGB
• Significant contribution into the Strategic Development Plan to shape the school’s future
• A brand new and autism-friendly innovative learning environment with support on school improvement from our Trust Directors of English and Maths
• A forward looking, evidence informed, CPD programme with Trust wide CPD
• Opportunities to visit and learn from other schools
We are confident that when joining TCS and the Trust you will feel welcomed from the outset and we welcome visits from any prospective applicant and these can be booked via Jenna Bickley: email@example.com
Our Trust is wholly committed to equal opportunities, to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of children and young people. All staff are expected to share this commitment and we ensure all our recruitment and selection processes share this commitment. This position is subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.
Closing date: 12pm on Wednesday 18 November 2020. Interview w/c 23 November 2020
For further information and an application form please go to our website www.thecavendishschool.org.uk Applicants must complete a Trust application form: we cannot accept CVs. Completed applications should be sent to Susan Kay, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.