The Governing Body of Styal Primary School are looking to appoint an inspiring and passionate Headteacher for September 2020.
Consistently rated as Good by Ofsted (last inspection April 2018), Styal Primary School represents a rare opportunity for a Head teacher to lead, shape and influence our future, while building on our strengths to ensure continued success.
Styal Primary School was built by the Greg family of Quarry Bank Mill in 1823 and is now part of the National Trust estate. We are very proud of our strong links to Quarry Bank and the beautiful surrounding area. We are a warm, happy school where we value our community with a family focused ethos. We promote kindness and support for each other, placing a high premium on creating a learning environment in which children thrive and are ‘proud, happy and industrious’.
Our school is comprised of the original Victorian school building and two newer classrooms that compliment the woodland setting, with a dedicated and thriving Forest School within the grounds. A very popular school, we are always over-subscribed. In our recent OFSTED parent view 100% of parents would recommend our school to others.
We are seeking a Headteacher who:-
• Has the leadership and drive to lead our school with a passion, raising standards where required, but recognising and maintaining established excellence.
• Understands absolutely the need to keep the well-being and achievements of our pupils at the centre of all the decisions they make.
• Is visible and accessible and able to engage positively with our staffing team, families and the wider community.
• Is a leader who is keen to work with colleagues in a soon to be established local collaborative Multi Academy trust.
In return we will offer the successful candidate:-
• Staff who are excellent at what they do and are totally committed to our pupils and are keen to drive the school on an upward trajectory.
• Confident and happy children who enjoy their time in school and the learning experience we bring to them.
• A highly skilled senior management team, ready to work with you to achieve the best possible outcomes for the school and its pupils.
• Training, where needed, to develop as an effective leader.
• A fully supportive, skilled and motivated governing body.
We would strongly recommend that you arrange to come and have a look around our school before submitting an application for the post and this can be arranged by contacting Jenny Nolan on 01625 383253
Important dates to be aware of:
Closing date: Friday 15th November 2019 at 9am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 27th November 2019
Interviews: Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th January 2020