Catch22 Multi Academies Trust is looking for an inspirational Headteacher to lead our Everitt Academy in Carlton Colville, Lowestoft.
Catch22 exists to help build a society where everyone has a good place to live, good people around them, and a fulfilling purpose. We call these our '3Ps'.
The Everitt Academy opened its doors in 2017 and is a Special Education school offering full-time education to up to 50 pupils aged 9 to 16 with social, emotional and mental health needs that cannot be adequately supported in mainstream schools.
You will be a dynamic senior leader with knowledge and understanding of SEMH to lead our Special School. You will be an inspirational figure who is able to motivate colleagues and engage stakeholders to ensure fast progress and influence change.
You will work closely with fellow Headteachers within the Multi Academies Trust, and the Local Authority to ensure that Suffolk pupils are receiving the best education to meet their needs.
Main Duties & Accountabilities
The Headteacher will work with the Executive Principal to:
- Maintain a high-quality educational environment for students with additional SEMH learning needs
- Ensure the continued development of The Everitt Academy and make a significant contribution to organisation, leadership and management
- Play a full and active role in supporting and promoting every aspect of the life of The Everitt Academy
- Attend and contribute to Local Governing Body meetings
- Accept the collective responsibility of the SLT and respect its confidentiality when this is agreed to be necessary
- Keep abreast of developments within education and the special sector at local, national and international level.
- A relevant qualification in education or equivalent significant operational experience in a relevant specialist education area.
- Qualified Teaching Status (QTS)
- NPQH attainment not essential but would be an advantage
The right candidate...
You will be enthusiastic with an understanding of the risks that exist for vulnerable and complex young people and their families and a passion for achieving positive outcomes.
You will need to be both creative and resilient as some of the situations you will encounter will be challenging, with a firm belief in inspirational teaching and learning and its ability to transform lives.
- Managing teams for improved performance.
- Leading whole school change.
- Working in partnership with commissioners to deliver high-quality services.
- Knowledge of schools quality frameworks and Ofsted.
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements and legislation relating to school leadership and management including safer recruitment, safeguarding, data protection and health and safety.
- Understanding of the curriculum delivery for core subjects and vocational learning.
Salary: L15 - L20 (£57,985- £65,560)
There is no deadline for applications but we may close the advert at any time once we receive enough applications.
Catch22 MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. Any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.