Howard Park Community School is a thriving, creative & innovative school at the heart of its community, which embraces diversity of abilities and provides a nurturing environment for all its children. We are seeking to appoint an exceptional, committed and confident Headteacher who would be appreciative, empathetic and involved in this sort of school as well as aspirational for improved standards in all subjects and who would lead our vision alongside a dedicated and empowered staff.
What is special about Howard Park Community School?
- We have enthusiastic, friendly children ready and willing to learn
- We have a team of dedicated, talented, professional staff committed to develop the full potential of all pupils
- We have a Governing Body fully involved in the ongoing development of the school
- We have a community of engaged parents providing support to their children and the school
- We have modern buildings and facilities (just over 10 years old).
- We are attached to a Children’s Centre allowing us to connect to the children and parents in our community from the earliest possible opportunity.
- We host various local groups in our premises thereby anchoring our place in the local community.
What do we want from a new Headteacher?
The governors are looking for:
- An inspirational and motivational leader with high expectations for all pupils to achieve to their utmost potential both inside and outside the classroom
- Someone with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, who will work in partnership with pupils, staff, governors, parents & carers and the wider community
- Someone who really cares about providing a nurturing environment, supporting and building positive relationships with families and outside agencies to enable our children to feel secure and motivated.
Please see the Information pack for the wish lists of our pupils, parents and staff.
Howard Park is a one-form entry LA maintained school in the town of Cleckheaton in the middle of West Yorkshire. We have a strong commitment to the continuous improvement of every aspect of school life and strive to deliver a comprehensive educational experience of the highest quality for our children. We have an experienced and conscientious SEN team who enable us to look after children with varying educational needs. Doing so is a large part of the school ethos.
We are proud of our involvement in the formation, through our attached Children’s Centre, of the Summers Hub, a local community support network.
We were judged Good by Ofsted in our last inspection in 2017 and we have ambitions to improve on that. We have been concentrating on and succeeding in improving all necessary attainment targets over the last few years. The governors have learnt a lot about best practice in strategic oversight and critical friendship. An improved code of behaviour has been implemented. A new curriculum, in accordance with the new National Curriculum aswell as the latest Ofsted guidelines has been introduced with the involvement of all members of staff and input from the governors.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a steadily improving school which is awaiting new, strong leadership to carry it forward to its next chapter of success.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form attached. Completed applications can be submitted via email to:
email@example.com or by post to Susan Muxworthy, Floor 1, Kirkgate Buildings, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1BY.
Application will close on: Friday 24th January at midday
Shortlisting will take place on: Friday 31st January
Please note that if you do not hear from us in the days after this date, you will not have been selected for interview.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th February
Please ensure that your personal statement evidences how you meet the person specification for the post in no more than 3000 words, using Arial font and size 12. Please do not send CV’s.
If you wish to visit school you are welcome on the following dates between the times 10.30-12.00 or 13.30-15.00
Wednesday 15th January
Thursday 16th January
Tuesday 21st January
Wednesday 22nd January
Please arrange in advance with Vicki Farrell on 01274 864972
We look forward to hearing from you.