St Edward's School in conjunction with the Samuel Ward Academy Trust are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Headteacher with a proven track record in school improvement, who has the vision to continue to work on raising standards and improving aspirations of students and encouraging them to achieve their full potential through our mission statement ‘Life in all its fullness.’ Applicants should be practising Christians.
St. Edward’s Church of England School & Sixth Form College is a popular and successful, inclusive, 11-18 mixed school. The school achieved a positive Progress 8 score for 2017 and GCSE results across the school are above the national average.
The Successful candidate will be:
- An inspirational and visionary leader with a clear passion for teaching and learning
- An excellent motivator, communicator and role model to staff and pupils
- A committed Headteacher to our school with the support of dedicated high quality staff
- Able to demonstrate successful leadership and management skills and have relevant experience in school improvement
- Able to lead the School forward towards a ‘Good’ and ultimately ‘Outstanding school’
- Have the ability and enthusiasm to inspire staff to meet the academic and pastoral needs of our pupils
- Have a good knowledge of current educational issues with the ability to plan strategically and financially
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- To implement effectively the Mission Statement of the school “Life in all its fullness” To be a Headteacher who will consolidate and build upon present strengths and successes
- To inject pace and challenge to take the school forward
- To inspire, challenge, motivate and empower teams and individuals to achieve high goals
- To be able to demonstrate personal enthusiasm and commitment to leadership aimed at making a positive difference to children and young people
- To be aware of their own strengths and areas for development and listen to, and reflect constructively and act upon as appropriate, feedback from others
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to lead a dedicated team of staff supported by a highly committed leadership team
- Support from both the Diocese of Chelmsford and the Samuel Ward Academy Trust
- A warm and caring environment.
A visit to the school is welcomed and encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Maria Driscoll, P.A. to the Headteacher, on 01708 771108 (direct line.)
Anyone wishing to discuss the post confidentially are welcome to ring Tim Coulson on 07388 949917.
Applications can be made by letter explaining why you are applying for the position AND application form which can be downloaded from behind the apply button or from our website http://www.steds.org.uk/information/job-vacancies/. Applicants MUST include email address contacts for two referees. Please send completed applications with a covering letter to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing deadline is 28th November.