Earls Colne Primary School and Nursery is located in the heart of the village of Earls Colne close to Colchester, Essex. Set in beautiful grounds the school has a two form entry with 388 pupils from the village and surrounding area currently on the roll. The school and nursery provide a vibrant and caring environment that encourages every child to become confident, independent learners who achieve the very best that they can.
Our school is going through a period of growth with the roll expected to rise to 420 children in the next few years as well as offering 38 nursery places. This is the result of both the school’s growing good reputation in the area creating demand for school places from families living outside Earls Colne, as well as planned housing development which will bring new families into the village.
Our Headteacher retires at the end of this academic year after 11 dedicated and successful years. We are now looking for a self-motivated, inspirational and talented Headteacher who will value and build on the hard work already undertaken and take us further forward on our path to ‘Outstanding’.
We are looking for:
An energetic individual with a proven record of success and experience working in a senior leadership or Headteacher role. You will lead our talented, enthusiastic and committed team of staff in providing all our children with a happy, secure and stimulating environment in which they can learn and flourish.
You will have:
- Substantial and current experience as a Head or senior leader in a primary school.
- A proven track record of effective leadership and management of people and a commitment to working in partnership with governors, staff, parents, other schools and the local community.
- A clear vision which focuses on raising achievements and standards through a wide variety of teaching and learning experiences.
- A desire to maintain and enhance the existing strengths of the school, bringing inspirational drive and ambition for continual improvement that is demonstrated through improved outcomes for children.
- An ability to be forward-thinking and flexible to adapt to the changing educational landscape.
- A passion to ensure that all children reach their potential.
In return, we can offer you:
- An inclusive, caring and welcoming school where everyone is valued;
- A highly talented team of staff who give priority to supporting pupils’ personal development and welfare;
- An experienced and committed Senior Leadership Team with high expectations of themselves, staff and children;
- A school with polite, courteous, and well-behaved children. According to the Ofsted visit in 2017, “Pupils are extremely polite and have an excellent attitude towards learning.”
- A school with outstanding results with pupil outcomes for 2018/19 that were consistently above or well above national results at both age related expectations but also at greater depth.
- A supportive Governing Body, all of whom have a strong commitment to the ethos and vision for the school;
- A school that is well-managed and in a strong financial position;
- An opportunity to lead and manage a ‘Good’ school on the threshold of ‘Outstanding’.
(Consideration of relocation benefits could be made for the right candidate.)
At Earls Colne Primary School, our vision is for all children to enjoy a high quality education which gives them every opportunity to discover their talents and achieve the very best that they can. If you are an ambitious Headteacher, Acting Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher with the drive, determination, resilience and energy to provide the best possible education for our children then we want to hear from you!
The best way to learn more about us is by coming to see us. Our staff and our enthusiastic and motivated children would be happy to show you around. For an application pack or to arrange a visit contact Christine Tucker on 01787 222205.
Please apply via the website.
Closing date for applications: 15th November
Shortlisting: 18th November
Interviews: 11th December