Plymouth CAST Multi-Academy Trust is seeking to appoint a Headteacher for St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Falmouth, for September 2019.
St Mary’s is a one-form entry primary school in the vibrant coastal town of Falmouth. There are 217 pupils and 33 members of staff. It is currently graded outstanding by Ofsted (2009). Everyone at St Mary’s School is valued for their contribution to the school’s success and the high performing team of staff work wholeheartedly for the benefit of all the pupils, resulting in consistently above average standards to date.
The successful candidate:
● Is a practising Catholic with a strong understanding of and commitment to the Gospel and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
● Has ability to lead school-wide improvement initiatives that have a demonstrable impact on pupil attainment.
● Has made a significant impact in teaching and learning outcomes.
● Is passionately committed to safeguarding and the welfare and wellbeing of children and young people.
● Is committed to meeting the learning and pastoral needs of all pupils at the school.
● Can manage the school’s financial and human resources effectively and efficiently to achieve the school’s educational goals and priorities.
● Is resilient and positive, responding to the current challenges in education.
● Is able to work as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and staff.
● Is committed to working as part of a family of schools within the Trust.
Required: September 2019
Salary: Leadership pay spine 12-18
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact Carol Pipkin, Senior Administrator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school on 01326 314540.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Closing Date for applications: Midday on Monday 25th February 2019
Date for in-school activities: - W/c 11th March 2019
Panel Interview at St Boniface House, Ashburton: - 18th or 19th March 2019