Budehaven Community School is a vibrant, over-subscribed 11 – 19 secondary school with 1160 students.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and inspirational senior leader to take the school onto the next stage of its improvement journey. Our current Headteacher who has driven our school’s improvement over the last three years, is leaving us to further her career in education.
Bude is a beautiful part of the country and Budehaven is located at the heart of the town and our community.
Our school’s values as set out in the Budehaven Way state, ‘We are ambitious – we dream big and give of our best’ and this is what we expect of our next Headteacher.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
• can demonstrate a clear strategic vision for the school’s future
• will work effectively with our governing board, our staff and students, to take our school to the next stage of its improvement
• has a track record of outstanding leadership with the determination and talent to inspire and empower our young people and staff to be the best they can be
• has a real commitment to the well-being of students and staff
We can offer:
• Students who are welcoming, well behaved and curious young people
• The support of an experienced governing body and a dedicated team of staff and leaders
• A school that is at the heart of its community and is well respected
• Personal development tailored to support you as you begin your headship here and develop your role
• A school that has innovative education and health care links
• A successful sixth form with students who go onto top universities
For more details about the school, the role and requirements for appointment and an application form, please visit the school website or TES jobs online.
Application is via completion of an online application form
Applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Monday 25 March, 2019.
All applicants will be notified of outcomes by Wednesday 27th March and interviews will be held on Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th April.
Budehaven Community School is committed to safeguarding children and all appointments will be subject to a satisfactory and current enhanced criminal records check.