Required for 1 January 2018. The Governors seek to appoint a committed, experienced and enthusiastic teacher with senior management experience.
Governors are looking for a Headteacher who will continue the inspirational work achieved so far.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- is excited by education
- has the energy, personal resources and passion to lead and inspire staff and pupils
- has the highest expectations for learners, staff and the wider community
- is a strategic leader with a proven track record of improvement who encourages a collaborative approach to learning
- is a forward-thinking leader who can enhance our vision and values
- has the capacity to build on our achievements and lead us to outstanding.
What can we offer you?
- A friendly, happy working environment
- Incredibly well-behaved pupils with a zest for learning
- A talented and hard-working team of staff
- Supportive and enthusiastic Governors
- A beautiful school environment with extensive outdoor learning and sports areas
- An outstanding reputation for excellent sporting achievement
- A commitment to continued professional development for staff at all levels.
Applicants will need to provide leadership of a high quality in the academic, pastoral and management fields and be able to show evidence of the successful implementation of change.
Application forms and an information pack are available from and returnable to The Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services, c/o the School and Governor Support Service, Children and Young People’s Services, County Hall, Durham. DH1 5UJ or email SGSS.Administration@durham.gov.uk
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
- Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday 30 August 2017 at 12.00 noon.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Disclosure form.
Please note that the Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009 apply to this position and therefore you are required to complete the ‘Disqualification by Association’ declaration form. Should you be successful in your application for this post, your appointment can not be progressed without this declaration.
THE POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE
Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services
DURHAM COUNTY COUNCIL
Newker Primary School, Chester-le-Street
Chester le Street
Tel. No. 0191 388 7099
N.O.R. 409 + 52 FTE Nursery