Owing to the retirement of our current Headteacher, the governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic leader to build upon our many existing strengths and to drive forward our school to deliver a truly exceptional education and comprehensive preparation for adult living for all our students.
Baginton Fields is a well-respected Maintained Special School for students aged between 11 - 19 years who have a broad range of moderate, severe or profound learning difficulties. We currently have 100 pupils on roll. Our new Headteacher will build on our outstanding reputation for high quality provision in partnership with the school community.
Our new Headteacher will:
- be an outstanding teacher and a positive, confident and successful leader.
- have proven successful senior leadership experience and the ability to lead and manage change.
- have high expectations of students' learning and behaviour and a clear vision for the future of the school.
- understand and value the contribution of families to the school community and build solid relationships working in partnership with staff, students, parents, the Governing Board and the wider community.
- be an emotionally intelligent individual who is able to apply their well developed interpersonal skills and reflective attribute to lead a dynamic school community.
- be dynamic, innovative, enthusiastic and energetic, think strategically and thrive on responsibility.
In return, we offer an exciting opportunity to lead a motivated, committed and enthusiastic staff to improve the life chances of students in Coventry who face a wide range of challenges. You will receive the full support of an experienced Governing Board who advocate strongly on behalf of the school community and bring a balance of expertise to complement school leaders.
Central to the school’s success has been a commitment to innovation and curriculum development specific to students on roll and in keeping with latest development in SEND, including the findings of the Rochford Report. The quality of teaching across the school is of a consistently high quality as a result of an ongoing focus on the skills and attributes of class teams culminating in our latest School Improvement Plan developing an emphasis on “Everyone a Leader”. Governors and senior leaders value highly staff succession and progression and provide opportunities for the development of leadership skills at all levels.
The new Headteacher will bring fresh challenge and ideas and provide inspirational leadership that will see the school progress from strength to strength taking full advantage of local networks.
If you think you are the right person to lead Baginton Fields School we look forward to hearing from you.
The Governing Board actively encourages all candidates to visit the school prior to the interviews. To arrange a visit, please contact Jayne Pountney, Resources Manager, on 024 7630 3854 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply online at www.wmjobs.co.uk
School visits: 2 May – 19th May.
Closing date: Sunday 21 May.
Shortlisting panel: w/b 22 May.
Candidates invited to interview: Monday 5 June.
Interview day one: Thursday 15 June.
Interview day two: Friday 16 June.
Appointment ratified by Governing Board: Monday 19 June at Full Governing Board.
Baginton Fields School is an equal opportunities employer. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. You will be subject to Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and provide unequivocal references.
BAGINTON FIELDS SCHOOL
Tel: 024 7630 3854