The Federation of St Joseph’s Catholic Junior, Infant and Nursery Schools, part of the Archdiocese of Southwark and member of the Croydon Catholic Primary Schools Umbrella Trust, exists to provide a Catholic education in a community that embraces and lives the Gospel values, traditions and beliefs of the Catholic faith.
Our vibrant, friendly and successful Federation in the London Borough of Croydon continues to develop and support a culture of high expectation for all. This is evidenced in the excellent 2017 SATs results and with the Junior School heralded as joint winners of ‘Primary School of the Year’ in this year’s Croydon Council Awards.
The School’s Governing Board is seeking to appoint a headteacher who:
- must be an active and committed practising Catholic who will continue to build our successful relationships with parents, local parishes, the Diocese and wider community;
- is an inspirational leader and strong classroom practitioner with the vision, passion and commitment to drive improvement and empower/develop our team of dedicated, talented, staff;
- has the ability and ambition to continue to raise standards, develop the culture of high expectation/excellence and ensure that every child reaches their highest potential;
- has excellent leadership, organisational, management, financial and interpersonal skills;
We are proud to offer:
- A welcoming and caring school community supported by a strong and effective Governing Board, local parishes, parents and staff;
- A vibrant pupil body which is eager to learn and proud of their achievements and school community;
- A dedicated and committed staff team;
- A firm commitment to your ongoing professional development and wellbeing;
We warmly welcome visits to the school, by appointment, to experience the enthusiasm, energy and love of learning that is central to our ethos.
Closing date: Noon on Friday 5 January 2018
Shortlisting 15 - 19 January 2018
Interviews week commencing 29 January 2018
To request a candidate pack, application form and arrange a visit please contact the School Business Manager on 020 8653 7195 or email - office@st-josephs-jun.Croydon.sch.uk. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
St Joseph’s School is committed to safeguarding and children’s welfare. The appointment will be subject to various checks including receipt of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. We are committed to equality and diversity.