Coloma Convent Girls’ School is a Roman Catholic school (11-18) with voluntary-aided status. Founded by the Religious Sisters known as the Daughters of Mary and Joseph (also known as the Ladies of Mary) in 1869, Coloma now has over 1,000 students and is officially recognised as outstanding and as a World Class School. The Sisters continue to serve as Trustees of the school.
We strive to offer an education that will prepare students for life through a commitment to their spiritual and personal growth. Our highly committed staff, supported by the Governing Board, give students real choice, diversity and consistently high standards of education.
The successful candidate will be a practising Catholic who will lead us on to the next stage of our journey, maintaining and developing our profile for excellence and maximising the opportunities from the changing educational landscape.
The successful candidate will:
- be passionate about Catholic Education
- have clarity of vision for the school
- be able to progress Coloma’s status as a World Class School
- develop partnership with third parties
- be politically astute in all dealings with the Local Authority, Diocese and other relevant bodies
- be a strategic thinker with excellent communication skills
- be able to take key decisions with regard to calculated risks
Please visit our website www.coloma.croydon.sch.uk
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and can be arranged by
emailing the Clerk to the Governors (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date for applications: 15th July 2018
Shortlisting: 19th July 2018
Interviews: 19th and 20th September 2018
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application (with barred list check) to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.