Due to the recent retirement of our Headteacher, the children, Governors and staff of Heron Hill Primary School in Kendal, Cumbria are seeking to appoint an energetic and inspirational Headteacher to fulfil this exciting role in our forward-thinking and innovative school.
We are looking for:
- An ambitious Headteacher who will enthusiastically promote and uphold our school vision, who understands and embraces our school ethos and philosophy and will engage and encourage an appetite for learning within the school and its community.
- An inspirational leader who can share and clearly communicate their ambitions for the long-term future and development of the school, bringing new perspectives and initiatives to continue our school’s current success and build upon our already high standards.
- A reflective, understanding practitioner who will guide, support and develop the full potential of our whole school team, furthering a culture of collaboration and personal development with high regard for staff wellbeing and resilience.
- An innovative Headteacher who recognises the added value and benefit of opportunities outside the classroom, developing life skills and an understanding of the modern world, whilst fostering the best possible outcomes for each and every child through creative teaching and learning.
- A Headteacher with strong business and financial understanding, who can work collaboratively with our Business Manager and Governors to maintain our secure financial position while continuing to provide the extensive offer to our families.
We can offer you:
- A welcoming and friendly primary school, set in over six acres of mature parkland in the beautiful market town of Kendal, on the edge of the Lake District National Park.
- Fantastic facilities, which have been developed to provide a rich and stimulating learning environment. Benefitting from extensive school grounds, gardens, numerous playing fields, woodland and wildflower areas and our own large purpose-built apiary and outdoor beekeeping teaching facility.
- A thriving school filled with enthusiastic and energetic children who are keen to learn, curious and well mannered.
- Motivated, highly skilled, committed and hardworking staff, who are dedicated to providing excellent teaching, life opportunities and unique experiences for our children, enabling them to look forward to their future with confidence and excitement.
- An open, honest and encouraging governing body who bring a breadth of skills and experience to the table. The Governors work collaboratively with the SLT and are willing to take calculated and informed risks for the improvement of the school.
- A supportive and cohesive local network of schools and Headteachers, the Kendal Collaborative Partnership (KCP), who share ideas, training and opportunities for all our local schools.
- A lead school in the Kendal Teach Direct programme, through which we welcome several ITT students each year. Among the current staff, three are previous course students.
- An outward looking environmentally aware school with many local, national and global community links, in particular a successful teaching partnership with Open Arms Academy in Kenya.
Visits may be possible to school, depending on current guidance. Contact the school to make an appointment, email@example.com Dates of visits are scheduled as follows:
Monday 17th May, 5.00 pm
Thursday 20th May, 5.00 pm
Friday 21st May, 5.00 pm
Closing date for applications: 12.00 noon on Wednesday 26th May 2021.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 29th and Wednesday 30th June 2021.
Heron Hill Primary School is committed to the principles of safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check and excellent professional references.
Heron Hill Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years