Debenham High School, a high-achieving Church of England Academy, is seeking to appoint a committed and dedicated professional to lead the school into the next stage of its development.
You will inspire our community and lead our stand-alone academy with acumen, integrity and compassion.
The current Headteacher leaves us for promotion and this position offers an exciting opportunity for the right person to continue to lead a dedicated, strong and successful leadership team and staffing body.
It is expected that you will be in sympathy with the Christian ethos of the school. The success of our school is built on the foundation of strong relationships and an ethos of support and care that underpins all that we do. You will demonstrate such values and set this example to our school community.
The school has:
- an excellent academic record (ranked 11th nationally in The Times State Secondary Schools 2019, 80% Grade 4+ English and Mathematics 2019, 71% Grade 5+, Progress 8 0.70)
- an enviable reputation and is consistently oversubscribed
- a hardworking and committed staff
- a very sound financial base
- an experienced and ambitious leadership team and a supportive Governing Body
- Teaching School status
- 'Outstanding' (Ofsted 2008)
- 'Outstanding' (SIAMS 2017)
- lovely students who engage well in their learning and their community
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Debenham is a large, attractive village 14 miles north of Ipswich and 30 miles south of Norwich; it is an excellent and attractive area for families and Mid Suffolk has been judged on a wide range of criteria to be among the best locations in which to live.
Visits to our school are encouraged and dates for visits are scheduled for the following times:
Wednesday 5 February 2pm - 4pm;
Monday 10 February 2pm - 4pm;
Thursday 13 February 2pm - 4pm.
Please contact Jules Norman email@example.com if you should wish to arrange a visit.
Application packs are available on our website.
Closing date: 10am, 24 February 2020.
Shortlisting: 24 February 2020.
Interview dates: 9/10 March 2020.