The governors, staff and pupils are looking for an inspirational headteacher for our school. If you have the experience, leadership qualities and vision to recognise existing strengths, drive forward new improvements and inspire our staff and children to achieve their very best, this could be the job for you
Hayfield Primary is a popular village school located in the beautiful Peak District. It is the true ‘heart of the community’ with good support from parents, an active and successful PTA and a strong and effective governing board. Our school motto - ‘Loving learning, loving life’ - underpins our vision for a rich, vibrant and engaging curriculum that supports all children to fulfil their potential and develop a life-long love of learning.
Having made significant improvements, including leading the school into securing a second Ofsted Good grading in November 2016, our current headteacher is now retiring from headship. Governors would like to appoint an outward-looking headteacher who can build on our current strengths and bring new passion, strategic vision and fresh ideas to lead our ‘good’ school forward towards ‘outstanding’. Our ideal candidate has a strong track record in leadership and will be committed to maximising the performance of both staff and children.
We can offer:
- A safe, happy and welcoming school with excellent safeguarding systems
- Well-behaved children with a positive attitude to learning
- Experienced staff with a wealth of knowledge and skills and a commitment to getting children to fulfil their potential
- Parents/carers who support children’s learning at home and volunteer help in school
- An active and successful PTA who support school priorities
- A strong, committed Governing Board with the skills to drive school improvement through appropriate support and effective challenge
- Impressive outdoor sporting facilities and extensive grounds set within the beautiful Peak District
We are looking for:
- A commitment to developing every child to be the best they can be
- A commitment to safeguarding the welfare of every child
- Successful leadership experience with a proven track record of raising standards in attainment and progress across the primary phase
- A strong leader who can recognise current strengths and maintain stability whilst managing change
- An effective manager with excellent inter-personal skills who can support, steer and enthuse staff
- Someone who can further develop and empower a distributed leadership within the staff group
- A strategic thinker with an appetite for innovation to navigate our school’s future
- Experience of identifying national best practice and embedding this in a school setting
- An effective advocate for the school in the community and with all stakeholders
- Someone who will play an active role within the Peak Edge Group of Schools
- A commitment to CPD for both self and staff
Visits to the school by arrangement are warmly welcomed and we invite you to attend a tour of the school on Thursday 22nd March (10.30am -12.00pm). Please contact us on 01663 742357 or email us at
email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Please also see our accompanying information pack which includes a letter from the Chair of Governors, our Information for Applicants brochure, the Job Description and Person Specification. You may also wish to visit our website for further details of the school – www.hayfieldprimaryschool.org.uk.
Tours of the school: 22nd March 2018 (10.30am -12.00pm)
Closing date: 8th April 2018
Interviews: 23rd – 24th April 2018
Further details and an application pack are available online at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/jobs or Call Derbyshire on 08456 058058 quoting Job Reference DCC/18/9222A