“We are looking for a responsible headteacher who is kind, caring, has a sense of humour and most importantly is willing to be part of a family, who is open to new ideas and is not afraid to carry them out so we can make the school an imaginative and unique place.” President of the School Council (Year 6 pupil)
Ashover Primary School is a successful and popular school.
The attractions of our school include:
- Achievement of high standards of teaching and learning in a caring and happy environment.
- Talented experienced teachers and teaching assistants who support each other and work well as a cohesive team.
- Enthusiastic and caring children with supportive families and an active Friends of School raising additional funding.
- A welcoming school with extensive grounds in a picturesque location, which is reasonably close to the M1, A61 and A38 major road links and accessible from the major cities of Derby, Nottingham and Sheffield.
- Stable pupil numbers, with reception places always oversubscribed and Key Stage 1 classes usually full.
Please see our “Information for Candidates” brochure, which provides more information on the attractions of Ashover School and will give you a “feel” for what we are about.
The Governors (through a not for profit company) operate, within the school buildings, an independent pre-school nursery for children aged 3 years and over, a breakfast club, an after-school club and a holiday club. The successful candidate will be expected to accept appointment as a director of this company – the rationale for this appointment as a director is explained in our brochure “Information for Candidates”.
We are seeking a candidate with the experience, knowledge, skills and personality to continue to get the best out of our teaching resources, whilst retaining the caring and happy atmosphere. Whether you are an experienced Headteacher or an aspiring Headteacher, we look forward to receiving your application.
We warmly welcome and encourage informal visits to see our school operating during the school day, or after school if you are unable to visit us during school hours. You will be shown round our breakfast club/aftercare/holiday club facilities, our pre-school nursery and School House by the Chair of the Governing Body and around school by our current Head Teacher. We will be carrying out these informal visits at 9.15am on 9th, 11th and 13th October and at 5.15pm on 10th October. Please let us know in advance which date and time you would like to visit us by email to email@example.com or by telephoning Mrs Cooper in our School Office, on 01246 590 207. If you cannot make any of these times we will try to accommodate a request for another date and time.
We are committed to safeguarding the children in our care. We will follow Safer Recruitment practices in our recruitment processes. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and references.
Closing date: 29 October 2017
Interview dates: 15-16 November 2017
Further details and an application pack are available online at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/jobs or Call Derbyshire on 08456 058058 quoting Job Reference DCC/17/6803A
Ashover Primary School