The children, staff and governors of Upottery Primary School are looking for an exceptional new headteacher to build upon the school strengths and successes. This is an Ofsted-rated good (with outstanding features) school and we are looking for a leader with dedication and imagination.
The school is situated in Upottery, an unspoilt East Devon village in the Blackdown Hills, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Governors are seeking to appoint a headteacher who:
- Has experience of working in partnership with parents, staff and governors;
- Has a commitment to putting children first, and enables them to achieve their full potential;
- Is an outstanding teacher, with leadership experience who can inspire and get the best from others;
- Will work in collaboration with other schools and continue to build strong links with the local and wider community;
- Has vision to promote the highest standards of teaching, learning, pupil achievement and behaviour.
We can offer:
- Happy, enthusiastic and motivated children;
- A friendly and inclusive learning environment including a developing Forest School area;
- A “Good” Ofsted report highlighting children’s attitude to learning was outstanding;
- A supportive governing board;
- A dedicated, caring and motivated staff team, including an experienced full time administrator;
- Supportive and active parents and community;
- A rural environment with good facilities following a school expansion in 2009 and strong links with the local area;
- Effective financial management with a strong budget going forward;
Informal visits to school are warmly welcomed. If you would like to arrange a visit to the school please contact Kerry, our friendly school administrator on 01404 861292.
For an information pack and application form contact Babcock LDP on 01392 287296 or e-mail LDPemail@example.com
Applications close at noon on Thursday 22nd June 2017
Interviews Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th July 2017
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Devon County Council
Upottery Primary School
Devon, EX14 9QT
Telephone: 01404 861292
Group: 1, NOR: 110