Governors are looking to appoint an energetic, innovative and inspirational Headteacher who will share our vision and lead our school forward during a period of significant transformation.
North Ridge Community School is a community day special school for 125 pupils aged 3-19 years with severe special educational needs. We are committed to providing innovative opportunities and inspiring experiences to motivate our children and young people as learners. We work in partnership with parents and carers to ensure our children and young people develop skills for life and ensure that they all have the best opportunities to flourish through personalised learning.
The successful candidate will join:
- a school where pupils have consistently positive attitudes to learning, work hard and do well;
- a school where sixth form learners are well prepared for their next stage of education, training or employment because study programmes are effective;
- a school which works closely with a wide range of other professionals to provide the help children and families need;
- a dedicated, caring and talented team of staff;
- a school with committed governors and supportive parents and carers
The successful candidate will:
- have highly effective leadership and organisational skills with the ability to motivate, lead and inspire the school;
- have the ability to share our commitment for developing the best possible learning and pastoral environment for all our children and young people to ensure they are all successful in their learning;
- have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with all members of our community in continuing to develop our school;
- embrace our child-centred, inclusive vision and lead the drive for continued improvement, taking the school to the next level of success;
- be a visionary leader with high levels of emotional intelligence and an open and consultative management style.
For further information or to arrange a visit please contact the school on 01302 720790 or email email@example.com.
Application form, job description and personal specification can be downloaded online. Completed application forms should be returned direct to school by 6th December 2017.
Closing date: 31st January 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council is committed to equality of opportunity in the services provided to customers and all aspects of employment. We warmly welcome applications from all sectors of the diverse community. Our recruitment policies, procedures and practices enable all applicants to be considered on merit and ability to do the job. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Disability Discrimination Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed. To assist you with your application the Candidate Information Pack gives further information about making an application to the Council.