St Andrew’s CE School is a friendly and welcoming school at the heart of the rural community serving the village and surrounding area. Applications are invited for the post of Headteacher with responsibility for the day-to-day leadership and management of the school.
This is a great opportunity to become a Headteacher in a village primary school with wonderful children in a beautiful part of Dorset. We are at an exciting period in our long history. There will be considerable support and collaboration with the other schools and leaders across the schools in the Trust including providing some of the central functions so that you can focus on the quality of teaching and learning and school improvement.
You will be working with the Trust, School Headteachers, the Local Governing Body, staff, children and parents to ensure excellence and a high quality education for all.
St Andrew’s CE School, is a popular Church of England School in the Diocese of Salisbury that welcomes those of all faiths and of none. The Shaftesbury area is one of the best places to live in Britain. There are easy road and direct rail links to London, Bath, Bristol, Exeter and the glorious Dorset coast and countryside. It is a great area in which to live, offering something for everyone.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for education and making a difference to children’s lives
- Have the ability to lead and shape the vision of the School and the Trust
- Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our children, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
- Have a positive and optimistic approach; be proactive and confident
- Be able to build relationships quickly
- Have a real interest in educational issues, approaches and alternatives from around the world
- Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful
- Have the ability to be a team player and leader who will go the extra mile to support children and families
- Be committed to partnership, collaboration and sharing
Our values and ethos focuses on developing a love of learning, high achievement both personally and academically which comes from the tremendous work of all our staff and the great achievements of our children.
Closing Date: 12.00am on Monday 20 January 2020
Interviews: 28 and 29 January 2020
The School has an absolute commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS. The Trust values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.