START DATE: SPRING or SUMMER 2020
In anticipation of the retirement of the Headteacher at Ellowes Hall Sports College in December 2019, the Board of Trustees are seeking to appoint a person with drive, tenacity, excellent leadership skills and strategic vision to take the school forward.
In 2019, 91% of students passed GCSE English with a 75% gaining a good pass and almost a quarter gained grades 7 to 9. Almost three-quarters passed both GCSE English and GCSE Maths A total of fourteen subjects had a pass (4+) rate of over 75%.
The School Governing Board is skilled and highly committed in supporting the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team in improving outcomes for all students.
Ellowes Hall Sports College was a founding member of the “Invictus Multi Academy Trust” which currently consists of six successful schools with a common aim of providing the highest quality education for all students. Within this, the individual schools have their own identity, but benefit hugely from school improvement support from the Trust. Opportunities for continual professional development for all staff are plentiful.
If you are passionate about making a difference for every child, value diversity, respect difference and have the skills to build upon the strengths of our staff team, we would like you to drive our school to further success.
We welcome applications for the position of Headteacher, to lead the school at an exciting stage on its journey.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is a highly effective and successful leader with drive, ambition and the skills to inspire the very highest expectations for all
- Has strong interpersonal skills, is approachable and a good listener
- Has the clarity of thought and resilience to steer the school onto the next stage of its journey
- Is completely committed to the development of both students and staff
- Is committed to working collaboratively with the CEO and the other Headteachers in the Invictus MAT and the Board of Trustees
In return we can offer:
- A friendly, caring and supportive employer with a strong emphasis on staff well-being
- An exciting opportunity to be part of the growth and development of the Invictus MAT
- A receptiveness to new ideas and innovations that promote and extend learning at all levels
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact Miss Rebecca Lippitt (PA to CEO) Tel: 01384 686 510 or email: email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
If you wish to discuss this position in more detail, please contact Mr Tony Bowles, Chief Executive Officer email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday 5th December 2019, 12 noon
Interviews Dates: Week Commencing 9th December, will take place over 2 days tbc