If you can lead a strong team and shape the future of an ambitious, growing SEND school, we are the school for you.
John Chilton School is a Group 5, special school at an important time in its stage of history. We are an ambitious, expanding, successful all age school for pupils who have complex physical, medical and cognitive needs. We pride ourselves in taking an innovative approach to educating our pupil community (3 to 17 years).
Our last Ofsted inspection judged our school to be “good with outstanding pupil behaviour.” Our aim is that every pupil learns the skills and develops the confidence needed to become a valued, integrated and independent member of their community.
John Chilton School is positioned in a unique environment designed by a top architect and is co-located alongside a mainstream academy.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional, dynamic and inspirational Headteacher with a proven track record of successful school leadership to lead us through an exciting period of development and change. This post comes with an attractive and competitive salary.
Salary: L18* - L31 ( £66,638.00 - £89,742.00 )
We are looking for a Headteacher who has:
- The drive, vision, ambition and energy to achieve excellence for all our pupils
- The ability and the vision to move the school to outstanding
- A passion to provide the best possible learning and teaching, across the primary and secondary curricula
- Proven qualities as an imaginative, innovative, resourceful and decisive leader, with the ability to challenge, inspire, motivate and stretch colleagues through support and appropriate challenge
- An understanding of the current educational climate with regard to academisation and a willingness to continuously explore all future options for the school
- A sound and demonstrable knowledge of how to meet the educational, social and emotional needs of pupils with a range of special educational needs and disabilities.
In return, we offer:
- A strong team of enthusiastic, high-performing and dedicated staff
- An active, committed and well-established governing body, and supportive, engaged parents
- Extensive opportunities for continuous professional development in line with the duties of the post
- A welcoming, safe and inclusive learning environment in our unique architect-designed building
- Outstanding standards of behaviour and safeguarding.
Visits to John Chilton School are warmly welcomed and encouraged. These will take place on Monday 22nd January and Wednesday 24th January 10AM-12PM. To arrange a visit, please email Mrs Debbie Frailing email: email@example.com 020 8842 1329. An application pack is available from the school website: www.john-chilton.ealing.sch.uk
Closing Date: Midday on 5th February 2018 (12 Noon)
Interview Date: 20/21st February 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates will require Enhanced DBS clearance check. Candidates who have lived or worked abroad in the last five years will require an overseas police check and will be asked to provide a good conduct certificate. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk
JOHN CHILTON SCHOOL