ARE YOU READY FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
If, as a first-time or existing Headteacher, you believe you offer the leadership which would inspire others towards excellence and which would ensure the very best education for our children, then we would love to hear from you.
This is a very exciting time for the school and a wonderful opportunity for the right school leader. The school currently has a highly motivated interim leadership team that works closely with a knowledgeable and supportive interim executive board (IEB) and is improving rapidly – as was recognised by Ofsted in January 2018. You will be a practising Catholic with a strong personal faith and a deep commitment to the ethos and vision of Catholic education.
Do you have:
- high expectations of yourself and others
- a focus on high standards for children
- the personal ambition to succeed and the resilience to overcome problems along the way?
We can offer in return:
- a highly rewarding role with the potential to make a significant and sustained impact on our school and our diverse local community
- strong foundations that can be built on
- friendly, enthusiastic, hard-working and well-behaved children
- a committed staff team and welcoming and supportive parents and parish
- the chance to be involved in exciting projects in the Hastings Opportunity Area
- strong support from East Sussex local authority and the Diocese of Arundel and Brighton
- a coastal location in the town with good transport links and a vibrant cultural environment.
We warmly welcome visits to our School from prospective candidates. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Debbie Read, on 01424 427801, to arrange a mutually convenient time to visit.
A Recruitment Pack is available from: Leadership.Recruitment@eastsussex.gov.uk
Closing date for applications 12 noon on 4 May 2018
Shortlisting date 10 May 2018
Interview date(s) 23 & 24 May 2018
St Mary Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and is subject to the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2009.
St Mary Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School
Magdalen Road, St Leonards on Sea,
East Sussex TN37 6EU
Telephone: (01424) 427801