The pupils, parents, staff and governors of Wadhurst Church of England Primary School are keen to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Headteacher, with vision, drive, a positive attitude and a proven record of leadership, who will work with us to build on our Ofsted ‘Good’ judgement, SIAMs ‘Outstanding’ judgement and to build a school for the future.
We are committed to providing a caring and inclusive environment with a strong Christian ethos, where children are motivated, enthusiastic, happy, safe and secure and learn together to be the best they can be.
Our school offers:
- A happy and stimulating environment where children are ready to tackle challenges to reach their potential.
- A culture where each child is helped to realise their potential.
- An education for pupils intellectually, socially, aesthetically, physically and spiritually, and promotes Christian values.
- Pupils whose relationships, behaviour and attitudes to learning are ‘Good’.
- An innovative, hard-working and dedicated staff team.
- A supportive, effective and involved Governing Body who are committed to excellence.
- Strong parental support and a pro-active PTA.
- Excellent links with the Parish Church, the local community, neighbouring schools and partnerships.
- An attractive and caring working environment with strong co-operative relationships.
- A place where Christian values are embedded in school practice.
The successful candidate will have:
- The best interests of the children at the heart of all their decisions.
- Clear leadership and organisational skills.
- The ability to work strategically and collaboratively with partners in the local and wider school communities.
- The ability to build on success and manage change.
- The ability to develop and sustain excellence in classroom practice.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strategic financial skills.
- Kindness, empathy and resilience.
- Commitment to the Christian ethos of the school.
To find out more, please email the Leadership Recruitment Team at East Sussex County Council to request a copy of our recruitment pack: Leadership.Recruitment@eastsussex.gov.uk.
Prospective candidates wishing to visit our school would be warmly welcomed.
Please contact the office - on 01892 783155 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
The closing date for applications is: 12 noon on Monday 1st April 2019.
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 25th & Friday 26th April 2019.
Starting date: September 2019
Wadhurst Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.