Parkside Community Primary & Preschool is on the lookout for a new Head. We want them to build on the well-established, vibrant and enriching learning environment that engages and enthuses our children and enables them to reach their full potential. Whether you are an experienced Headteacher or are embarking on your first Headship, this is an incredible opportunity for someone with the right mix of skills.
The children, staff and parents would like a Headteacher who:
- Will ensure the continued stability, ethos and vision of the school.
- Is brave, leads by example and isn’t afraid to take risks.
- Embraces the school’s enriched and creative curriculum.
- Has high expectations for everyone and will inspire an enjoyment and love of learning that our children will carry with them for life.
- Demonstrates ambition for the whole school community and articulates high expectations, ensuring all the while that the children are the priority.
- Believes in developing resilient children whilst nurturing the more vulnerable.
- Aims to develop positive relationships and a feeling of team spirit throughout the whole school community.
- Fosters an inspiring, professional work environment and promotes a culture of continued professional development for all staff.
- Is fun.
The governors are seeking a Headteacher who will:
- Provide inspirational and purposeful leadership which will result in high levels of achievement and development for all.
- Manage the school’s resources effectively and be able to demonstrate formidable skills in strategic management, resource management, personnel management and financial management.
- Work with the Board of Governors to implement the shared vision and set strategic improvement plans which will inspire and motivate pupils, staff, parents and the wider community.
- Promote and build upon the existing outstanding standards of teaching and learning so that each individual can thrive and realise their potential.
- Develop our culture of sustained and focused collaboration that produces exceptional outcomes.
Our new Headteacher will have the privilege and satisfaction of:
- Heading up an ‘Outstanding’ primary school in the heart of the beautiful Sussex countryside.
- Leading a brilliant and talented team of dedicated teaching staff who are always willing to go the extra mile.
- Growing our ethos of mutual respect throughout the whole school community.
- Fostering a caring and understanding approach.
- Ensuring the children at Parkside are given as many opportunities as possible to discover what they truly love doing.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and positively encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact the school office on 01435 864577 or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To request a copy of our recruitment pack please email the Leadership Recruitment Team at East Sussex County Council: email@example.com
Please note that recruitment packs for this vacancy will only be provided directly to an individual considering applying to our school. We do not enter into business with Recruitment Agencies or other commercial organisations.
Please do not apply for this position via the TES on line application process, please follow the instructions in the advert and obtain and return a completed application form from the Leadership Recruitment Team.
Closing Date: 12 Noon, Friday, 24 January 2020
Shortlisting: Monday, 27 January 2020
Interview: Thursday 13 & Friday 14 February 2020
Start Date: April or September 2020
Parkside Community Primary & Preschool is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.