The Governors at Pevensey & Westham CE Primary School are seeking to appoint a dynamic, motivated, dedicated and highly effective individual to fill the post of Headteacher, from September 2020.
We are a two-form entry Church of England School (4-11 years) situated in the historic village of Westham, just north of Eastbourne on the south coast.
Our children would like a Headteacher who:
- Is kind, helpful, generous and strict when they need to be
- Is clever, wise and smart
- Remembers children’s names.
Our Governors would like a Headteacher who:
- Is fully committed to supporting the Christian values of our church school and its strong links with the parish churches and community
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal and change management skills
- Has strong strategic and practical planning skills in order to develop and drive school improvement in the short and long term.
Our promise to you:
- A school community that prides itself on providing a wide and varied curriculum.
- A talented and committed staff team
- Engaged and enthusiastic governors
- Pupils who are more amazing every day.
We warmly invite you to visit our school. Please contact Mrs R Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the school office on 01323 762269.
Closing date: 12 Noon, Friday 27 March 2020
Shortlisting Date: Friday 03 April 2020
Interview date: Monday 27 & Tuesday 28 April 2020
To request a copy of our recruitment pack please email the Leadership Recruitment Team at East Sussex County Council: email@example.com
Please note that recruitment packs for this vacancy will only be provided directly to an individual considering applying to our school for this opportunity. This school does not enter into business with Recruitment Agencies, or other commercial organisations, on behalf of their clients seeking employment.
Please do not apply for this position via the TES on line application process, please follow the instructions in the advert and obtain and return a completed application form from the Leadership Recruitment Team.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Pevensey & Westham CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.