The pupils, parents, staff and governors of Maynards Green Community Primary School are keen to appoint a dynamic, innovative and professional Headteacher who has the drive, passion and vision to lead our Ofsted outstanding school from September 2020. We are looking for an individual who has a strategic vision for the future of Maynards Green Community Primary School.
The children, staff and parents are aspiring for a Headteacher who:
- Maintains our high standards and expectations,
- Embraces the school’s enriched and creative curriculum, whilst pushing further to continue its ‘outstanding’ status
- Will ensure the continued stability, ethos and vision of the school.
- Aims to develop positive relationships and a feeling of team spirit throughout the whole school community, building a good rapport with parents, staff and children alike.
- Will support the team with a hands-on approach
- Appreciates the value of a good team and recognises individuals’ performance.
- Has a good sense of humour
- A highly visible presence and makes a difference where it matters.
The governors are seeking a Headteacher who will:
- Work with the Governing Body to implement the shared vision and set strategic improvement plans which will inspire and motivate pupils, parents and the wider community.
- Provide excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Manage the schools’ resources effectively and be able to demonstrate formidable skills in strategic management, resource management, personnel management and finance management.
- Inspire staff and pupils alike
- Promote and build upon the existing outstanding standards of teaching and learning ensuring each individual can thrive and realise their full potential
- Create an outward-facing school to work with other schools and organisations with an intention to champion best practice and secure excellent achievements for all pupils.
Our new Headteacher will have the privilege and satisfaction of:
- Heading up an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ primary school in the heart of the beautiful East Sussex countryside with its own heated swimming pool and direct access onto the delightful Cuckoo Trail
- Leading a brilliant and talented team of dedicated teaching staff who are always willing to go the extra mile.
- Growing our ethos of mutual respect throughout the whole school community.
- Fostering a caring and understanding approach.
- Ensuring the children at Maynards Green are given as many opportunities as possible to discover what they truly love doing.
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact the school office on 01435 812622 alternatively you can email us at email@example.com Visits will be available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 6th – 27th March.
For a recruitment pack please contact: Leadership.Recruitment@eastsussex.gov.uk
Closing Date: 12 Noon, Friday 27th March 2020
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 31st March 2020
Interview Date: Monday 27th April 2020
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Please note that recruitment packs for this vacancy will only be provided directly to an individual considering applying to our school for this opportunity. This school does not enter into business with Recruitment Agencies, or other commercial organisations, on behalf of their clients seeking employment.
Please do not apply for this position via the TES online application process, please follow the instructions in the advert and obtain and return a completed application from the Leadership Recruitment Team.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Maynards Green Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.