This is an exciting and unique opportunity. We are looking for a skilled practitioner with proven leadership skills to plan, and develop our brand new school for pupils with learning disabilities.
The school, initially catering for 10-12 pupils, is set in 11 acres on the outskirts of Chelmsford and was opened in May 2017. The school will complement the opening of a new care home for children with disabilities on the same site and has already been opened by Ofsted and children placed by Essex County Council in May 2017 as well. The school will take children from the neighbouring care home and will also provide places for day pupils.
The head teacher responsibilities will include:
- Developing our brand new school from its tender age
- Helping to design a school that is personalised to meet individual pupils needs
- Work in partnership with the on-site Care Home team
- Work within a team of teachers and TA’s with a support network to help them achieve our goals
- Have experience and be a confident positive leader
- Be part of a fantastic new provision and put their stamp on it
- Bespoke curriculums including Farm animals, horse riding and golf
- Be prepared to get involved with the practical side while the school grows.
Ideally the successful candidate will have had experience of leadership within a special school as a head teacher, deputy or assistant head teacher. Experience of working in a school that has achieved outstanding Ofsted rating will be looked upon favourably. The successful candidate will have a vision of what the school will look like once it is up and running and approaching capacity.
This is an exciting opportunity to create a fantastic school with unique facilities, and be part of a very successful set up and team.
If you are a suitably qualified candidate please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 27th September 2017