Due to the retirement of our long-serving Executive Headteacher, the governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational, caring and dedicated professional.
The Strawberry Line is a federation of two high performing primary schools within two miles of one another in the highly popular and growing parish of Sandford and Winscombe. Our mission statement, 'Learning and Growing Together', encapsulates the essence of what we offer at our Federation and we are seeking a motivational and enthusiastic Headteacher/Executive Headteacher to grow and develop the Federation further.
Our two schools pride themselves on the high level of expectation set for all pupils and staff and we have developed a creative curriculum which is tailored to meet the needs of each individual pupil. As the Headteacher/Executive Headteacher, it will be your role to implement and develop our strategic vision and to empower staff to continue to provide an excellent education for all pupils. This is a high profile role within the community and requires an optimistic leader with a passion for learning at all levels.
As the Headteacher/Executive Headteacher you will have the opportunity to:
- foster and enhance the happiness and well-being of our children
- take risks and drive the Federation forward in an evolving educational climate
- lead with courage and conviction
- have a track record of raising standards and aspirations
- embrace the concept of the Federation and strive to improve performance through empowering, motivating and inspiring our talented staff and pupils.
The successful candidate will be experienced in change management and robust in challenging under -performance. The post holder will have experience in recognising potential and developing talent across the schools’ team, projecting a clear vision and the confidence to build positive relationships that drive our federation to meet the needs of future schools.
In return we can offer:
- happy children who are aware of their own progress and who love to learn
- experienced and committed teachers and support staff
- school environments of which we are very proud, in idyllic semi-rural surroundings
- a governing body which recognises that despite the Federation being extremely successful, there is so much more to achieve in each school!
The chosen post holder will be based at and must maintain a high profile at both Sandford and Winscombe Primary Schools.
The Strawberry Line Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We warmly invite applicants to visit the Federation during week commencing Monday 30th April 2018. Please contact Mrs Linda Barwick, Clerk to the Governors on 01934 852602.
For an application pack, please contact the HR Service Centre either by email HRSCenquiries@n-somerset.gov.uk or telephone 01275 888866, option 2.
Closing Date: Friday 11th May 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 23rd & Thursday 24th May 2018
The Strawberry Line Federation
Sandford Primary School
49 Greenhill Road
Winscombe Primary School