Saint Richard Gwyn Catholic High School, a Voluntary Aided school, is a 11-18 mixed Catholic Comprehensive founded in 1954 serving the population of Flintshire North Wales. The schools Mission Statement is ‘Learning Together in Christ’ which commits applicants to sustaining the schools living and vibrant Catholic community which is embedded in Christian values but underwritten by a spirit of equality and diversity where personal growth, knowledge, respect, love and fellowship are shared by all regardless of background, race or religion.
On the retirement of the current Headteacher the Governors, under the Trusteeship of the Diocese of Wrexham, are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher with the vision, energy, dynamism and commitment to continue to inspire the whole school community on its rapid improvement journey to become an excellent school.
You will be:
- A committed practising Catholic with a clear understanding of the distinctive nature of the Catholic school and Catholic education
- Have leadership experience to at least Assistant Headteacher level
- Able to command the respect of the whole school community, staff, parents, students and governors
- Developing relationships with partner primary schools and family of Catholic schools in the Diocese
- Have a passion for developing talent and potential in others and promoting a learning community
- Have excellent people management and communication skills
- Have successful experience of implementing and managing innovation and change
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage budgets and financial planning
- Demonstrate experience of having a strong external focus and network that work that keeps up to date with trends, technology and the national agenda
In response we will offer:
- A strong school community and ethos that places the development, care and respect of the individual at the heart of our mission
- A school with a track record of two years of record-breaking results and outcomes for its students
- A Governing Body that will be supportive and closely involved in all aspects of the school
- A very strong, diverse and experienced leadership team committed to the schools ongoing success
- Responsive and respectful students and highly supportive parents
- A Diocese that is committed to the continuing success of the school
- Established relationships with the Flintshire Authority and its network of support groups and the wider Welsh Government, all committed to making education in Flintshire outstanding for its residents
An application pack can be downloaded from www.strichardgwyn.flintshire.sch.uk or please contact Mrs Kathryn Jones, School Business Manager on 01352 736900 if any assistance is required.
The closing date for applications is Friday 15 February 2019 at noon.
Informal visits to the school are welcomed by prior arrangement with Mrs Jones.
Interview dates following shortlisting of applications will take place week commencing 4 March 2019
Further information on Flintshire can be found on www.flintshire.gov.uk and the school on www.strichardgwynflint.co.uk