Kingsholm Church of England Primary School is an outstanding, vibrant, three-form entry, inner city school with an on-site nursery. We particularly value and celebrate our diverse community and are committed to being fully inclusive. We are all proud of our Kingsholm Family and it is at the centre of our school vision ‘Our Kingsholm Family, learning together successfully to make a positive contribution to our world’. We work to enable our children to discover a lifelong love of learning.
We are looking for a Headteacher who will:
- have a child centred, inclusive approach and care about every child developing to their full potential.
- be an inspirational and enthusiastic leader of our Kingsholm Family with a clear vision and commitment to high quality teaching and continuous professional development.
- lead and develop our innovative, creative curriculum and provide broad experiential learning opportunities for all our children, focusing on improving pupil attainment and progress.
- be an approachable and excellent communicator who forms positive professional relationships with all members of our community and wider networks.
We can offer you:
- a successful school full of hope, optimism, fun, opportunity and challenge.
- a friendly working environment with happy children, dedicated, skilled, and imaginative staff, and a supportive governing body.
- well-resourced facilities with extensive grounds.
- good links with our parish church St Catharine’s and Gloucester Cathedral.
- a teacher-led, purpose built nursery.
Our children would like:
- someone with lots of energy, who will be kind and care about them, and their school.
- a happy, friendly, helpful person with a good sense of fun, who listens to ideas, and is easy to talk to.
Our parents would like someone who:
- is approachable, easy to talk to, and who values the diversity of our school.
- has a strong vision and direction for the school and will continue with things that are working well.
Our staff would like:
- a supportive leader of our team with a clear vision, and who is committed to putting our children at the heart of all we do.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Paula Fowke on 01452 530777 to arrange a visit.
An information pack is available from Miss Wendy Gallagher, Governor Services Team, Gloucestershire County Council, Shire Hall, Westgate Street, Gloucester, GL1 2TP, 01452 427802, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12 Noon Friday 24th January 2020.
Interviews: Monday 10th and Tuesday 11th February 2020.
Kingsholm Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS clearance disclosure check.