Heart of the Forest Community School
Speech House Road, Coleford, Gloucestershire, GL16 7EJ
Tel: 01594 822175
Required for September 2018 Heart of the Forest Community Special School is a modern, purpose built school in the beautiful Forest of Dean, the designation of which is Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Complex Needs, generally Autistic Spectrum (AS).
The school motto is: “Living, laughing, learning – together we can meet the challenge of learning for life”. We wish to appoint a dynamic and child centered Head Teacher to continue the development of our award winning school.
We can offer you:
- Happy pupils who thoroughly enjoy learning in a stimulating environment
- An excellent and highly motivated team of staff
- Experienced Governors and supportive Parents/Carers
- Innovators of all-inclusive physical activities
- The opportunity to shape our future direction
We wish to appoint someone who:
- Is an excellent practitioner who will embrace the caring ethos of the school and ensure that the children always come first
- Has the confidence and ability to maintain and develop the outstanding nature of our school
- Has proven management, interpersonal and teambuilding skills
Visits to the school are encouraged, please contact Nicki Davis, Deputy Head, on 01594 822175 to make an appointment. The closing date for applications is Friday 19th January 2018 at noon. Interviews will take place on 5th and 6th February 2018.
Heart of the Forest Community Special School is committed to the safety and well being of children. This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. An enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required. The school is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For a candidate pack containing further information, please contact Wendy Gallagher, Gloucestershire County Council on 01452 427802 or firstname.lastname@example.org