The David Ross Education Trust is looking for a dynamic and inspirational Head Teacher at Fairfield Academy in Grimsby www.fairfield-academy.co.uk
If you are looking for your next move, are ambitious, inspirational, dynamic and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you.
The current Head Teacher has moved onto a new role with the Trust, so we are looking for an individual who can lead the primary academy in the next stage of its journey to outstanding.
About the role
You will be accountable for ensuring the educational success of the Academy and that it achieves outstanding in its next Ofsted visit.
Salary & Benefits
· Salary circa £60k
· Access to Teachers Pension Scheme
· Health Care
· Cycle Scheme
· Eye Care
· Other benefits
About the Academy
At Fairfield Academy we set high standards for our pupils and expect them to take pride in their behaviour and their learning. We encourage children to establish good relationships with each other and to develop lively and enquiring minds. Our Academy is very lucky to be able to benefit from lots of outdoor field space including an outdoor classroom and brand new Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 outdoor learning area. We also have a nursery, a well-equipped music room, an art area and a spacious school hall.
· Successful leadership of innovation and change management and transformational learning
· Successful management of monitoring and evaluation strategies of the quality of teaching and learning, student outcomes, quality of provision and efficiency
· Successful management of whole school improvement strategies
· Successful experience of working with children from disadvantaged backgrounds
· Extensive experience of developing staff and team building
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of current educational priorities
· Recent and relevant management development/training
· Experience of promoting equality and diversity, inclusion and appropriate strategies for children with special educational needs
· Motivation to work with children and young people particularly relating to safeguarding and promoting their welfare
· Teaching Qualification
Fairfield Academy is part of the David Ross Education Trust, visit www.dret.co.uk to find out more.
Within the network, we now have 33 academies, incorporating primary and secondary schools as well as a grammar and special school. We have over 2,000 staff committed to delivering educational excellence to our 13,000 young people.
Whatever your role, you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. We are setting high standards to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips and visits throughout the year.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
Academies have their unique place in local communities; we share common goals, aspirations and values that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We have regional hubs and share skills, knowledge and experience across our academies allowing them to benefit and learn from each other.
We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development delivered through our Teaching School Alliance to enhance high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 22nd September 2017.
Fairfield Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.