St Oswald’s C of E Primary School is a good, two-form entry school with strong links to the Parish of Guiseley with Esholt. The school is a thriving, happy and fully inclusive community that balances academic achievement with a nurturing and caring environment enabling our children to learn, develop and grow with confidence that they will be supported along the way.
We are looking for an inspirational and committed leader with the vision, confidence and skills to lead our school forward into its next exciting stage of development. We rejoice in our heritage whilst being open to change, embracing the future with optimism and with a passion to deliver the very best education for every child.
Our leader will be:
- Financially astute
- Strong on strategic decision-making
- Able to make and implement difficult decisions
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- An experienced manager of a large team
- Able to delegate appropriately
- Able to lead by example and bring the staff along with you
- Passionate about education
- Able to promote the school
- Able to turn vision into action and plan to improve results
We can offer you:
- A school with a welcoming Christian ethos
- An opportunity to develop and drive the future of St Oswald’s C of E Primary School
- Happy, well behaved and motivated pupils who engage in all aspects of school life
- A dedicated and enthusiastic team of staff
- Supportive parents and community who are actively involved and want the best for the children
- A knowledgeable and supportive Governing Body that is committed to the school.
If this prospect intrigues you and you are looking for an exciting opportunity to take your career to the next level, then please do get in touch.
Visits are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
Please contact Natasha Conway, Business Manager on 01943 873570 to arrange a visit.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to vetting including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the post of Headteacher at St Oswald’s C of E Primary School, please complete the attached application form outlining how you meet the criteria assessed at the application stage on the job description and attributes required.
Please use the additional information section of the application form to explain what is important to you and what you are able to offer which you think can have a positive impact. This must be no longer than two sides of A4 and written in font 11.
We request that you provide details of daytime and evening contact numbers and an email address for use should you be called for interview.
As a Church of England school, the contract of employment that you would be
required to sign includes the following duties:
- to give religious education in accordance with the doctrines of the Church of England.
- to lead and take part in religious acts of worship.
Please include information in the application form to describe your commitment to carrying out the duties above and to maintain the religious ethos of the school.
The closing date for applications is Friday 14th September at noon
Interviews will take place on the 20th and 21st September
You will be informed at the earliest opportunity if your application has been unsuccessful after shortlisting on 17th September.
Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, completed applications may be sent to:
Recruitment, Fusion HR
Suites 1 and 2 Ideas House,
98 Bradford Road,
Leeds. WF3 2JL
St Oswald’s C of E Primary School,