Due to the retirement of our current successful Headteacher, we are looking to recruit a new Headteacher from September 2018.
Baycroft School is a day community special school for around 180 secondary-aged students who experience learning difficulties, physical, sensory and language challenges, and autism. An enthusiastic, experienced and skilful team of staff work with parents, carers and others to ensure that all aspects of the education and opportunities we offer meet the individual needs of our students.
- A passionate and motivational communicator with a clear vision of outstanding education and the ability to think beyond the immediate situation to implement innovative strategies for improvement?
- An individual with a proven track record of exceptional practice demonstrated by good and outstanding student progress whilst ensuring staff and students feel valued?
- An inspirational individual with the ability to motivate and delegate leadership through empowerment?
- A concerted leader, confident in implementing the local and national agenda and building effective partnerships with all stakeholders, making useful connections beyond the individual community through a collaborative, creative approach to development?
- Have a proven track record of successful strategic leadership?
- Demonstrate clear impact as a leader of sustaining, high-quality school improvement with a clear vision of outstanding education?
- Have a focus on the well being of the students in both academic and social development
- Demand ambitious standards for yourself and others – addressing disadvantage to realise the best possible outcomes for all students?
- Have the ability to play a leading role in Behaviour for Learning and Curriculum and Assessment across the school
If so, we offer you:
- A successful, forward-thinking school that provides a rich range of learning opportunities within a positive, safe and welcoming environment for the young people in our community
- Students that are keen to learn and a teaching team that strives for continuous improvement to ensure progress rises year on year.
- Dedicated and energetic staff, governors and parents who support the schools ethos of excellence
- A commitment to supporting your professional and personal career development
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Sarah Kiff in the school office on 01329 664151, or email: email@example.com
For further details and an electronic application pack, please contact Education Personnel Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return your completed application to email@example.com or Education Personnel Services, 3rd Floor Hampshire House, Eastleigh, Southampton, SO50 5PA
Closing Date: 5th March 2018 (Noon)
Interview Date(s): 19th and 20th March 2018
Baycroft School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.