Dove House is an outstanding school (Ofsted September 2019). We are a school for students with moderate learning difficulties, many of whom have autism and other associated conditions. The school opened its Post 16 provision (September 2016) and has a thriving SCITT (Basingstoke Alliance School Centred Initial Teacher Training – BASCITT).
Our vision is for all students to be well rounded young adults and lead as independent lives as possible. Dove House thrives on high aspirations and expectations for both students and staff, leading to excellence in both academic and personal progress. Our teaching community provides an outstanding teaching and learning experience for all. At Dove House we are guided by the simple question, ‘Have I made a difference today?’
Ofsted Report 2019 “Students’ safety, welfare and learning lie at the very heart of ‘the Dove House way’. Students thrive in the nurturing culture that staff have created.’’
The Trustees are looking for a Headteacher who will build on the existing strong ethos of the school while seeking new opportunities for the future.
- Development of an outward looking centre of excellence, providing support and also influencing the SEN/D agenda
- Enhancing the reputation of the Trust further by extending the opportunities available for students through community engagement and business links
- Developing a 0-25 agenda through strategic partnerships and MAT status
Our new Headteacher will be:
- A strong leader with the skills and ability to inspire and develop others
- An excellent communicator skills and team player.
- Experienced in a student centred SEN environment
- Experienced in school business management
- Visible and actively involved in day to day activities; knowing every student as an individual
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Jayne Humphrey via email at email@example.com
Closing date: 3 January 2020
Invitation to interview: 8 January 2020
Interviews: 22 & 23 January 2020
Dove House School Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We will ensure that our recruitment processes reflect this and all successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks.