Vaughan Primary School is looking for a new and inspiring individual to lead its school community from its current strong and successful performance through to its next phase of development and growth. With a stable and supportive Leadership and Staff team in place and plenty of support from Governors and Parents, our new Headteacher can look forward to shaping our future successes.
West Harrow is well located. It is easily accessible with great transport links of the Metropolitan Line and bus routes close by and is perfectly located for job seekers from London, Middlesex, Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
Ambitious to grow and thrive
Our goal is to flourish, providing an outstanding and inclusive education for all children and as such, the governing body at Vaughan wishes to appoint an enthusiastic and tenacious leader who is confident and positive, with strong leadership credentials and the ability to build relationships with a wide variety of internal and external partners.
Working closely with governors, staff and children you will develop a compelling vision for the school that acts as the focus of all activity and drives further development. You will be able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success.
You will have the ability to drive yourself and others. You will be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances whilst maintaining high levels of performance. You will actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences. You will demonstrate a good understanding of legislation and regulation. You will ensure that resources are used efficiently and effectively in a way that maximises performance and ensures the financial sustainability of the school.
We are looking for:
- An innovative and dynamic leader with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- A proven track record of developing Teaching and Learning through research led practice in a diverse primary school setting
- An individual who knows what exceptional looks like and can lead us in the next phase
- Able to articulate a vision and take the school community with them on the journey
- Able to use CPD opportunities imaginatively to develop the wider staff team
- Is good at building rapport with children, parents, staff and governors to create an inclusive and aspirational learning culture for all
- Commercially astute and able to grow links which will benefit the school
- Exudes enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude
In return we can offer you:
- A remuneration package reflecting the calibre of candidate we are looking for
- Continuing Professional Development to ensure your appointment is successful and rewarding (incl. NLE development)
- Expertise and additional support if required in specific areas
- A strong staff body with a growth mind-set who are keen to embrace new ideas
- Supportive parents and strong partnerships in the local community
- A committed and active governing body
- Good local links with the headteacher cluster of schools
- An outward-facing approach to working
Visits to the school:
If you have any questions about the role please contact school governor Andy Troup by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to visit our dynamic school and see it in action.
We are holding two open mornings on:
Friday 8th and Thursday 14th February 2019 from 9am to 12 noon.
Potential candidates will be given an overview of the school by Teacher / Governors and see it on a normal working day. This is an informal opportunity to get to know more about the school and see if it is the right fit for you.
Please contact Mrs Kirsten Beaven, School Business Manager on 020 8427 7222 or email email@example.com to book your appointment.
Closing date: Thursday 21st February 2019 at 9am
Shortlisting: Monday 25th February 2019
Interview dates: Monday 4th March 2019
The Vaughan Primary School and Harrow Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, including the barred list, as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2018).