Inspirational Leadership opportunity
Inspirational leadership opportunity Woodlands School is looking for an inspiring, resilient, and committed Headteacher with the right vision and ethos to lead the school along its continuing journey of success and achievement. We are looking for an outstanding individual who can work well under pressure and able to adapt to challenging circumstances, taking robust decisions in the best interests of pupils. You will have a strong sense of moral purpose with the child being at the centre. Our new Headteacher will be leading an enthusiastic, experienced and hardworking team who are proud of their school and open to new and creative ideas and who believe in the potential of every child in their care.
You will be:
- An inspirational leader able to shape our vision and ethos
- Striving for excellence for our wonderful children and their families
- Embedding a therapeutic approach to the curriculum, children and the community throughout their work
- Compassionate, warm and nurturing in your approach
- Focused on driving outcomes and improving provision every year
- Resilient, resourceful and determined
- Outward facing, able to represent the school’s interests in the wider community
You will bring:
- A wide ranging and successful record of leadership roles.
- A commitment to inclusivity and a passion for raising standards.
- A desire to maintain and progressively build upon the schools existing therapeutic approach with the children and staff at the heart of everything that we do.
- An ability to support, motivate and inspire staff and to communicate a clear vision and direction for the school.
- The energy and creativity to drive innovation at the same time as maintaining existing practices that are working effectively.
We can offer:
- Inspiring students who enjoy their time in school and work hard
- A special inclusive culture where dedicated staff work together
- A community with a family feel which welcomes parents in to school
- A purpose built school with facilities designed for our children’s needs
- An experienced and committed governing body to support you
- A salary package commensurate with the size of the school
- A CPD package tailored to suit you, the successful individual, at the appropriate stage of your career
- Headteacher clusters locally and wider special school networks
- Challenge, support and growth
We would be delighted to welcome you to our wonderful school. Our current Headteacher and colleagues would be keen to meet you, show you around and to answer any questions that you may have. Please make an appointment by contacting Jyoti Radia, School Business Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0208 381 2188 (Option 4).
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: email@example.com
If you are downloading the application form please ensure your computer has the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
Woodlands School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
Please be advised of the following important dates:
Closing date: Thursday 23rd January 2020 at 9am
Shortlisting: Monday 27th January 2020
Interview dates: Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th February 2020 (2 day process)
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Woodlands is a primary maintained special school in the Local Authority of Harrow for children which caters for 135 pupils aged 3-11 years with a wide range of complex and profound learning difficulties. These include severe autism, complex medical conditions, physical and mobility difficulties, as well as severe developmental delay. We have outstanding purpose built facilities and highly trained, enthusiastic and committed staff. This combination enables us to provide the specialised individual programmes required by our pupils. Along with teaching and classroom support staff, the school is supported by a multi-agency team of physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy colleagues, teachers for pupils with vision and hearing impairments and nursing staff. Teamwork between all professionals has been an essential aspect of the success of the school. We work hard to ensure that all of our pupils achieve their potential both personally, socially, emotionally and academically in all areas of the curriculum. The school is recognised as an excellent educational provision and this is evidenced by LA requests for continued expansion and increased parental requests for places. Woodlands School supports the local community in a number of ways including delivering training to staff in local schools, parents and other professionals as well as providing outreach support to local schools by teachers with specific skills in SEN.
For more information and to apply online : https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_57624.htm