We are looking to appoint an experienced and successful school leader who will embrace 'the Warblington Way' of educating our students, who are the heart of our school community, and continue the amazing journey of progress inspired by our current headteacher who is retiring.
To be up for the challenge, you will:
• Promote an ethos that develops a climate of aspiration and mutual respect and a caring, nurturing, inclusive environment, where everyone is treated as an individual; is listened to and encouraged to learn and develop; has high standards; a strong sense of achievement; and pride in the school.
• Build on the firm foundations that currently make us a 'Good' school and continue our journey to be an 'Outstanding' school that is a natural choice for parents who want their children to succeed.
• Uphold our reputation for the strong development of staff through regular CPD and coaching so that children will benefit from an enthusiastic, skilled group of education professionals.
• Enable the school to continue Growing minds, for successful futures for all our community.
We are looking for someone who:
• Will be a lead professional and significant role model within the community they serve.
• Embody values and ambitions that drive the achievements of the school.
• Be accountable for the education of current and future generations of children.
• Exhibit leadership that has a decisive impact on the quality of teaching and pupils' achievements.
• Lead by example the professional conduct and practice of teachers in a way that minimises unnecessary teacher workload and leaves room for high quality continuous professional development for staff.
• Secure a climate for the exemplary behaviour of pupils and continue our journey to achieving the Rights Respecting Schools award.
• Set standards and expectations for high academic achievement within and beyond the school, recognising differences of ability and respecting cultural diversity within contemporary Britain.
• A current school population of 668 children spanning years 7 to 11.
• A school that has been recognised in the latest Parliamentary Review for its significant progress over the last 4 years including an 18% increase in its GCSE outcomes and being the most improved school within 75 miles.
• A school that in 2017 received HCC's Investor in Careers award recognising the outstanding work that has been achieved in giving children the right careers information and guidance throughout their school time.
• A team of talented, creative and hard-working staff and a well-informed, well trained and highly proactive Governing Body.
• Confident, happy and inquisitive children who have a desire to learn and an aspiration to succeed.
• The opportunity for you to put your own mark on the school's journey of improvement.
• Strong, well developed links with local feeder and Havant Federation schools.
• A motivated and enthusiastic support staff team.
• Extensive and improving facilities, including a new kitchen, sports hall, dance studio, astro-pitch and Multi-Use Games Area and recladding and re-roofing of original school buildings.
• A semi-rural location in one of the most sought after areas of southern England, close to excellent rail links, historic naval heritage sites and countryside of outstanding natural beauty.
The Governing Body is committed to supporting your professional and personal career development. If you have the experience, vision and leadership skills that we seek, we would be delighted to meet you.
Please visit our website www.warblington.hants.sch.uk for further information about the school.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and positively encouraged. Please call our Administration Officer, Valerie Wrixon, on 02392 475480 to arrange an appointment. Our preferred visit dates and times are listed below - please try to accommodate these wherever possible.
Preferred Visit dates: Wednesday 21st and Tuesday 27th March 2018
Closing date: Tuesday 10th April 2018
Interview dates: Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th April 2018
Please find attached the Headteacher Information Pack and application forms.
Please forward your completed application electronically to email@example.com
Warblington School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.